SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Many of us in the Atlanta area have been wanting to organize another Tail of the Dragon trip with the local chapter. We will more than welcome other Volvos!

The plan is to make it a full Saturday trip. We'll probably be hitting the mountain roads, from Fontana Resort, around 10:30am and finishing that drive with the dragon and lunch. Take some pictures at Fontana Dam, and then slay the dragon twice more before heading home.

August 4th is the for sure date!

Plans for the day can be seen here.

Attendees:
MyNameIdeasWereTaken - S40
urinalcake - S60R
aldebaran - S40
tuscani66 - S60R
vLGrok - S60R
Hooch - C30
Kelly (from Facebook) - C30
mmustangsrus - S60

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I might be in, depending on what date you choose and other obligations that I may have. Put me down as a definate maybe

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I'll be going August 3rd - 6th. You guys should go then! I'll be going with a crew of about 7 cars.. Not Volvo's, Evo, Cobra, Mazdaspeed6, GSX... More..

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
I will be up for the run, keep us posted.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
That date is confirmed, we have a cabin. I'll make a thread a few weeks in advance in case anything changes, but for now it's set. I might have some R's from around here going.. I also need a co-driver.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Last time I was up there, R was pretty new ... might be tempted to go again.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I had never heard of this road until I was driving from Virginia Beach to Nashville and thought I'd take a short detour through the Smokeys and ended up on it. Unfortunately I was in a rental, POS Jeep Compass. Took FOREVER to make it to the other side. I have never missed my R so much.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Love those Volvo's.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Might be interested depending on the decided date. I have lots of vacation time that I never use and this would be a good excuse to use some!

·
Registered
85 Posts
hey guys how is everyone doing ?? names mike and i rarely post anything here but this one caught my attention. The tail of the dragon has always tempted me to take a road trip. what was the day chosen maybe ill join you guys if i can get the vaca time off !

·
Super Moderator
15,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Based on interested in other threads, right now it looks like July 21st will be the best date. We'll set a for sure date by early next week and begin planning for the trip.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Ah so tempting... Soon as I get my collar gear fixed, I might join DrBrutal (Chicagoland area). Still too early to decide though but I am interested. How is the police though? If this place is popular, I'm sure some state troopers also know about it.

·
Super Moderator
15,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Count me in. Anyone in or around Kentucky want to convoy?
:thumbup: We'll get the official roll going by the end of next week and start seeing what potential convoys we have (I have multiple interest threads posted in various forums right now). I know the C30 group had a convoy of over 15 cars, starting in Canada and building up the whole way down.

·
Super Moderator
15,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
August 4th is the for sure date! Stay tuned for details about the trip, meeting/convoy information, and recommended items to bring.

I'll be going August 3rd - 6th. You guys should go then! I'll be going with a crew of about 7 cars.. Not Volvo's, Evo, Cobra, Mazdaspeed6, GSX... More..
Your buddies will be more than welcome to join! Just let them know that they'll be bringing up the rear of the Volvo pack and we will ask them to remain absent from the "Volvo Group Shot," but they may take part of the full group shot. I may have some non-Volvo cars interested in going too.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Still on for the 3-6th of august, I'll keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would be interested. I'm in the Atlanta area.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts