SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone-

I am soon going to be the happy owner of a new '12 S60 T5. I pick up the car later this month and I'm rather excited. The car is fully equipped with all the packages (Prem, Climate, Nav, Multimedia, BLIS, F&R Park), and the majority of the options with the exception of the PCC. I thought that was strange that they included everything except that. Why would they do that except perhaps run out of fuses with everything else on board! :p

Anyway, I was wondering what are some of the things people have discovered about their S60 in their first few weeks of ownership that you didn't notice on a quick test drive. Also what are some of the modifications or accessories people recommend to get right away?

Can't wait!

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase! There haven't been any real surprises during the first 3 months of ownership; I drove the car very extensively many times, plus my younger brother has had one since September. I guess you could always add some factory accessories like cargo nets, rubber floor mats, rear spoiler or sport appearance kit. The only aftermarket part that I added was a KN filter, no spare change laying around at the moment to upgrade stuff like IPD rear sway.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congratulations! I see you are in Iowa. Which dealer did you select?
It will be serviced at Willis but I'm buying it at Borton in Minneapolis because that is the nearest dealer in the Costco Auto Program.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
What is umber wood trim? Do you mean Urbane?

·
Registered
147 Posts
At 15K miles, no issues. We love our S60!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congrats, and welcome to the club! Have put about 4K miles on mine, have had mine since Dec '11. I have had surprises, but the catch is that all of the surprises have been good ones!

1) Premium sound = AWESOME, but you have to go into sound options and turn up DPLII
2) Turbo = Punchy and fun, after a few months of spirited driving have learned to use it correctly
3) MPG = Gas mileage as good as claimed...and again, this is with SPIRITED driving!
4) Bluetooth phone integration = People tell me sound quality is better than using my handset!

Too bad PCC wasn't included in the Costco build...it's great never having to take the keys out of my pocket (or briefcase), but if you surf some threads, you can find a do-it-yourself trick for PCC functionality with the ignition.

Be sure to upload some pics when you pick the car up!

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Congrats, and welcome to the club! Have put about 4K miles on mine, have had mine since Dec '11. I have had surprises, but the catch is that all of the surprises have been good ones!

1) Premium sound = AWESOME, but you have to go into sound options and turn up DPLII Great sounding system once you fine tune it to your liking!
2) Turbo = Punchy and fun, after a few months of spirited driving have learned to use it correctly :D
3) MPG = Gas mileage as good as claimed...and again, this is with SPIRITED driving! :thumbup: The T5 really does sip gas very well
4) Bluetooth phone integration = People tell me sound quality is better than using my handset! +1 everyone has always commented on how clear my Volvo's bluetooth system's have been; it plays well with my Samsung Focus (WP7.5 device) and I hope it works perfect when I get my Nokia Lumia 900 in a few weeks.

Too bad PCC wasn't included in the Costco build...it's great never having to take the keys out of my pocket (or briefcase), but if you surf some threads, you can find a do-it-yourself trick for PCC functionality with the ignition.

Be sure to upload some pics when you pick the car up!
My fiancee and I are going to stop by the Volvo dealer tomorrow afternoon and take a look at an S60 for her. Right now we are leaning more towards the T5 since it is more than enough power-wise for her and I'm not worried about having FWD.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Well I finally picked up my 2012 Volvo S60 T5. Its a CPO vehicle, and most everything feels likes its new (with the exception of the curb rash on one of the wheels). I got about 26.2 on the drive back from Minneapolis. More pics later when I give it a bath and figure out how everything works!

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Looks nice and I see that it has the 18" SLEIPNER wheels; a bonus!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Nice, that one would have been my second choice at Borton. Did you happen to look at the vibrant copper one while you were there? That's the one I'm considering in my other thread.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice, that one would have been my second choice at Borton. Did you happen to look at the vibrant copper one while you were there? That's the one I'm considering in my other thread.
Yeah that is a nice unit, it looks clean. It has most everything except PCC and the forward camera I believe. Also I am pretty sure its an earlier build (at least that's what my salesperson told me).

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks nice and I see that it has the 18" SLEIPNER wheels; a bonus!
Thanks Yannis. I have some curb rash on one of the wheels when delivered otherwise I think the wheels are great.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thanks Yannis. I have some curb rash on one of the wheels when delivered otherwise I think the wheels are great.
If the curb rash is annoying, you can always buy another rim, I think the prices are about 300 bucks per sleipner. Let's get some pics of the inside, I wanna see beechwood with urbane wood trim :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Pics look awesome!!! Now add the rear spoiler and chrome exhaust tips!

Good Luck with your new S60!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
442 Posts
I'm going to see if one of those alloy wheel places can do something about it. Here's what it looks like:

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/138/231xy.jpg/] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/URL]
Great looking S60 T5....
Just f.y.i, I tried one of the local DSM wheel repair places back in '05 when our new V50 suffered some initial curb rash.....then was $100...and IMO, a waste of money....the repaint didn't last although the "rash" was removed. I'd suggest just forking over the $$$ for a new wheel..periodically Volvo offers accessory rebates.. Just pm me and I will tell you the firm I used.....

P.S. I ordered my V50 OSD from Willis and have had very good service from them...and should you ever have the need, their body shop is excellent albeit, not the lease expensive but once you've blown through your deductible, that's a non-factor.

Rick

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Very nice............thanks for sharing!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts