SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Send the car to dealership yesterday to replace the brakes (a bulletin about squeaking sounds). They helped me upgrade the software with Apple CarPlay.

They also fixed a recall about some kind of tailgate clip that will break overtime.

They told me that the formal recall letter will come out in a bout a month. So just FYI here.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Will this be a recall though, or a TSB (or SB, don't know what Volvo calls them; Service Bulletin or Technical Service Bulletin)? Sounds more like a TSB. I wonder if it is the clip someone posted on here about, with a video, that kept making noise from their tailgate... I'll find the post and link to it.

Edit: Post with the video I mentioned

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the heads up. Will this be a recall though, or a TSB (or SB, don't know what Volvo calls them; Service Bulletin or Technical Service Bulletin)? Sounds more like a TSB. I wonder if it is the clip someone posted on here about, with a video, that kept making noise from their tailgate... I'll find the post and link to it.

Edit: Post with the video I mentioned
The brake is a TSB. The clip is a recall. They said there will be a letter mailed to the owners which I can ignore.

Didn't try the CarPlay yet since it asks me to turn off the Bluetooth.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
The brake is a TSB. The clip is a recall. They said there will be a letter mailed to the owners which I can ignore.

Didn't try the CarPlay yet since it asks me to turn off the Bluetooth.
Thanks, I knew about the brakes and the tsb concerning the squeaking issue but never thought the clip will be a recall. I'll definitely have it addressed when I go in for my oil change in a few months. Appreciate the heads up on it.

·
Registered
673 Posts
My breaks squeak. It's good to know that this is a known issue. Is there anyone on swedespeed that's keeping a running list of all the TSBs and recalls? That would really come in handy.

·
Registered
760 Posts
18 years later and Volvo still hasn't fixed the tailgate clip !

·
Registered
7 Posts
My brakes squeak. Dealer said it confirms to Volvo standards. Car has 600 miles. Anyone have a link to the service bulletin?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
My brakes squeak. Dealer said it confirms to Volvo standards. Car has 600 miles. Anyone have a link to the service bulletin?
I just had my XC90 in this week and they addressed both the tailgate and brakes. The service invoice says "Replaced real brake pads with updated comfort pad per TJ 31007." Separately it states "Replaced front brake pads and rotors per TJ 30934."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts