SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys are prolly getting sick of me but I cannot tell you how instrumental you have been in my resto project. <p>What rear ends can be transplanted in my 1968 Volvo P1800 that is the stronger one (w/o the tapered axles) and has disc brakes?<br>1969-73 P1800<br>19??-?? 142<br>19??-?? 144<br>19??-?? 145<br>19??-?? 164<br>19??-?? Amazon<br>19??-?? Anything else<p>I need to go ahead and get the better rear end for my car. The axle tube has started leaking again and I'm mad at it.<p>

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Re: Another Rear end question... (Phattires68)

'70-'73 1800E/ES only. '69 1800 still has drum brakes and tapered axles. 140-series has a wider track and you'll have clearance problems.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Re: Another Rear end question... (Phattires68)

Slight thread jack. I'm also looking for a disc rearend for my 68 122 wagon. So if you come across anything in TX you don't need let me know.<p>Phil-<p>I know the 122 has a wider rear end, would it more easily take a 142 disc rear than the 1800?<p>

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Re: Another Rear end question... (volvostud)

I don't think an Amazon is any wider than an 1800. Stock track is the same for both.<p>Of course with a wagon, there is no bolt-up swap. You'll have to weld the fittings from the old axle onto the new one.<p>Hmmmm... I wonder if the innards from a disk brake rear end would go into a later drum-brake axle housing? Don't know.

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Re: Another Rear end question... (Phil Singher)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Phil Singher</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't think an Amazon is any wider than an 1800. Stock track is the same for both.<p>Of course with a wagon, there is no bolt-up swap. You'll have to weld the fittings from the old axle onto the new one.<p>Hmmmm... I wonder if the innards from a disk brake rear end would go into a later drum-brake axle housing? Don't know.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Rather than hijack further please go to volvostud's thread and help get that darn hub off!<p>Thanks.<p>George Dill<p><A HREF="http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=111166" TARGET="_blank">http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=111166</A>

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Another Rear end question... (volvostud)

Highjacking... no worries we are all trying to keep our Swedish Iron rolling so problamo. PM me w/ your contact info. I have a strong lead on a rear end in Dallas. It was going to be mine before Phil, dashed my hopes onto the rocks of reality... <p>I will gladly trade my information in exchange for a 70-73 P1800 rear end. <p>Jason

1 - 8 of 8 Posts