SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On January 18, a lady driving a newer Toyota 4 Runner turned left right in front of me. Despite hammering on the brakes and swerving, I was unable to avoid her. This is the result.

It's a 2007 S60R with only 58k on the odometer and it was in pristine condition. I'm still waiting to hear from the insurance company but I'm assuming it's a write off. What do you guys think?

If it is a write off, I have a ceramic coated Phuzzy downpipe, thermal coated intercooler and an original RKelly intake that I never got around to installing.

This whole ordeal just really pisses me off.

Jeff

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More pics

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
That sucks terribly. It's totaled. You can see unibody damage in the fender. Same thing happened to my Mom's XC except it was a hit and run.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Glad you are ok....If you keep it for a part out, let us (AKA, The VultuRes) know.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
That really sucks. At least you came out in one piece. Looks like a total loss to me... little doubt about that.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Glad you are ok. Looks like it paid the ultimate price for sure. I see strut tower damage as well as all the other usual. Hopefully you get a good settlement.
If you're interested in a R wagon, I might be selling mine in a week or two.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
That sucks man. Our cars are becoming so much more rare since everyone keeps getting theirs totaled. Good luck on our next car purchase.

·
Super Moderator
8,734 Posts
Ugh... That sucks.

·
3,958 Posts
That just aggravates me... she couldn't wait to make a turn. Seriously, people like that are impatient a$$holes, no other word for it and definitely no excuse. Glad your ok, an I hope you sue her, seriously. A hit like that inexcusable and you deserve to get paid.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Yes I would absolutely sue.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hit my head pretty good on the side window at impact. Also there was two collisions, one with her and then one with the steel pole in the pictures. I'm quite surprised the side airbags did not deploy.

I'll focus on healing and then look at my options. Thanks for the kind words fellow Swedespeeders!

The Canadian dollar is so weak against the USD, that it would be very expensive the import an R (about 1.5 CAN for 1.0 USD). The insurance settlement should be interesting as there just aren't any Rs for sale up here.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
I wouldn't wait too long, its good to get a lawyer lined up and everything, nothing should come out of your pocket in the long run.

·
3,958 Posts
I hit my head pretty good on the side window at impact. Also there was two collisions, one with her and then one with the steel pole in the pictures. I'm quite surprised the side airbags did not deploy.

I'll focus on healing and then look at my options. Thanks for the kind words fellow Swedespeeders!

The Canadian dollar is so weak against the USD, that it would be very expensive the import an R (about 1.5 CAN for 1.0 USD). The insurance settlement should be interesting as there just aren't any Rs for sale up here.
Take it from someone who didn't sue, twice... Little things can pop up down the road, it scares the hell out out of me to think if my family didn't have such great coverage it would be out of pocket. I can safely say, do NOT think your taking some moral high road by not suing, it comes from insurance not out of their pocket unless the limits are reached. Even then it's very hard to get things personally regardless.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
I agree 100%.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is that on 109st and Jasper Ave? Hope you feel better soon. Drivers in Edmonton are crazy. The Rs pop up on Kiiji and sometimes at Valentine Volvo so hope you can get another one soon. Like you said, importing one from the US is out of the picture now with the USD appreciating so much. On top, once you add duties, GST to that, it is not really worth it.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Sorry to hear that, but glad you're ok.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Is that on 109st and Jasper Ave? Hope you feel better soon. Drivers in Edmonton are crazy. The Rs pop up on Kiiji and sometimes at Valentine Volvo so hope you can get another one soon. Like you said, importing one from the US is out of the picture now with the USD appreciating so much. On top, once you add duties, GST to that, it is not really worth it.
Yup. 109 and Jasper Ave. car was there for 3 hrs before being hauled away on a flatbed.

·
2,521 Posts
That really blows man, sorry for the loss

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
got any posters or banners for sale?

1 - 20 of 68 Posts