SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All -- just got an email from a dealer telling me that Volvo has informed dealers that pricing is going to increase another 1% starting December 1st.

Has anyone else heard this too?

·
Registered
301 Posts
$1100 increase as of next month according to my dealer.
I ordered by car in October with a $1,000 deposit. Will I be paying the October price or the price when the car arrives at the dealership which is end of January?

·
Registered
2,356 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
I ordered by car in October with a $1,000 deposit. Will I be paying the October price or the price when the car arrives at the dealership which is end of January?
you are only obligated to pay what you agreed to on the purchase order. if they try to push you for more walk from the deal with a complete refund.

Maybe winning the SUVotY award wasn't such a good thing...
hahaha...

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
you are only obligated to pay what you agreed to on the purchase order. if they try to push you for more walk from the deal with a complete refund.
This is terrible advice.

A signed order is a contract between the buyer and the seller. The dealer cannot simply change the terms of a contract when it chooses.

·
Registered
372 Posts
last increase was in August I believe that also bumped up the base price by $1,100. Does this mean now that I will gain $2,200 in equity on my XC90? Hmmm....I wonder if this is a better investment than a home? I wonder if I can get a line of credit on my XC90? LOL. :D:D:D

·
Registered
673 Posts
When I ordered the car back in July, my salesperson told me that Volvo was pricing the XC90 aggressively to get early sales, and that it would almost certainly be seeing a price bump in the near future. I thought he was just feeding me a line of crap, but apparently not. It's now priced $2,100 more than when I ordered mine. I guess we got in at the right time. :)

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
When I ordered the car back in July, my salesperson told me that Volvo was pricing the XC90 aggressively to get early sales, and that it would almost certainly be seeing a price bump in the near future. I thought he was just feeding me a line of crap, but apparently not. It's now priced $2,100 more than when I ordered mine. I guess we got in at the right time. :)
Although a much cheaper vehicle, Toyota did this same thing with the 2010 Prius when it came out May 2009. They increased the price hundreds of dollars after s few months and then again a few more hundred a few months after that. Before people knew it, within a year the price went up $1000 give or take. Those who bought early did well because it increased the overall value of their purchase early on.

I wonder if Volvo is raising it now slowly so it is already increased when they begin throwing in power steering column, power third row, 2 USB ports etc or if there will be a third increase before people see those things.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
I'm curious how the OSD price will be affected.....how much of an increase?

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
+1........Throw in discounted base price and no shipping fee to the US and it is really making the OSD pricing very attractive. That's w/o round trip airfare for two to Gothenburg, hotel stay, factory tour, lunch, airport pick up, insurance for 15 days, custom ordering, passes to the SAS lounge, factory discounted accessories, to name a few!!!

·
Registered
372 Posts
when are those options being added? are they definitely being added or is this speculation? i would be willing to cancel my current order to for power steering wheel adjustment and having it integrated into memory seat setting.
The power steering is unknown at this point but the 2 USB ports and power 3rd row are not. The power 3rd row option I believe was going to be offered later this year or beginning of next I think. The 2 USB ports are definitely coming as the Volvo accessories page even mentions them on the CarPlay add-on description.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
when are those options being added? are they definitely being added or is this speculation? i would be willing to cancel my current order to for power steering wheel adjustment and having it integrated into memory seat setting.
Eventually, yes, power steering column, power third row and 2 usb ports are coming; At least we've been told that on here but if during the 2016 MY or when the 2017 MY comes, I don't know. 2 USB ports was mentioned somewhere with a week build time, but I forget off hand what week in what year (this one or next).

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
How much did it increase last time? Does anyone have more details on this? Is it 1% or $1100.
FYI ......the base OSD price increase on 9/1/15 was $880.00

·
Registered
14 Posts
Any more information on a possible price increase? I'm planning on ordering an OSD car for spring delivery and would like to avoid another price increase.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
All -- just got an email from a dealer telling me that Volvo has informed dealers that pricing is going to increase another 1% starting December 1st.

Has anyone else heard this too?
Perhaps in Canada. I have not heard of any such plans for U.S. cars.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts