SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone who has visited SS forums on a regular basis and lives in or has an opportunity to spend time in the Capital Region of New York (Albany/Schenectady/Troy/Saratoga area) knows what an awesome group of folks work at Precision on Central Ave. in Colonie. Last week I had an opportunity to be reminded of how truly cool they are, and why they are the go-to Volvo indy in the area.<p>The factory warranty on my 2005 R expires May 31, so last week I scheduled a synthetic (BP) oil change at Precision, and asked them to give everything a final once-over before my coverage ran out. While up on the rack they found both front struts just starting to sweat/seep. They have a long history with Capital (formerly Keeler) Volvo, and anytime they find a car with a warranty eligible issue, they take the customer straight over to Capital for service - they don't keep it to themselves and try to charge the customer for repairing warranty items themselves.<p>So they called up the dealer and made an appointment for the next day. The next morning, I dropped off my R at Precision, and Dan (awesome technician and resident 850 racer) drove me to my office. At at the end of the day, Sean (the owner and another tech guru) picked me up. The dealer discovered the struts were back ordered, and I had to put off the replacement until yesterday.<p>So yesterday I dropped off my R at Precision, and this time Dan let me take his race-modded 850 to work for the entire day (fun time spinning the tires in 3rd gear). <p>Drove back to Precision after work just as my R was returning as well from the dealer. Two new struts, plus alignment, plus a brand new glove box as well - I had mentioned to Dan when he was driving me to work last week that it rattled, and he said "we'll take care of that", and they made sure the dealer replaced it as well while doing the struts.<p>The combination of attention to detail, personal service, making sure the R is fixed properly at the dealer, and overall awesome attitude and love for all things Volvo makes these guys one of the hidden gems of the indy world around here, and Volvo owners in this area one very fortunate group.<p>Now that the R is out of warranty, my next trip to Precision will be to kick off mods. Dan is all ready to go.<p>

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Re: another plug for Precision - R owners in Capital District, NY already know all this (pitaq)

Nice write up...I wish I lived closer..my R's warranty is done in 30 days...

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I bought my R from them last year and they were great to deal with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts