SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well guys, that's it for this poor gal. An Escalade decided to pummel the **** out of me today and totaled my baby. Died way too early, only 166k on the clock with a fresh clutch 3k miles ago, and a do88 intercooler 5k miles ago.

I would like to note this car definitely saved my life. I was going to drive my NA Miata today, but decided against it because I was too lazy to switch some stuff over. If I hadn't, when he hit me I definitely would have ended up in the center divider (accident happened on the freeway).

I'm gonna be looking for another one soon. I don't have another car I can drive atm (my back is all messed up, the Miata rides too rough). Maybe get a VR this time around.

[Edit]: The frame is definitely bent. The drivers rear door cannot be opened and the passenger door has a 1/2 inch gap in it now.

Can I get an F in the chat please.

[Edit x2]: I do plan on parting out the car eventually, but for now I can't touch it in that way until the insurance gets their pictures of the car. I do plan on keeping it though, so a partout will happen eventually.

·
Registered
31 Posts
f

·
Registered
852 Posts
F :’(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
It’s an S so we’re not gonna cry or even type “F” (wtf does that even mean kids?)

Hope you have good health/auto ins op. #blessup

·
Registered
16,814 Posts
F.
Glad you’re somewhat ok. Get the Escalade owner to buy you a low mile VR.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Make sure to sue. It’s a long annoying process, but worth it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the words guys <3. I'm hurting, but that's not surprising.

I picked up a 850R to replace it, at least for the meantime.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Forget about the car for now and take care of yourself.

At the end of the day your R performed exactly as expected. Kept you safe so you can go out and find another. Count your lucky chickens and I'm sure you'll find another.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
230 Posts
Poor moose taken too soon, but earned an honored spot in Valhalla!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Damn you didn't even have it long, I remember your original post about the serpentine belt shredding cause that happened to my Audi. Hope you heal up and glad to hear you survived the accident. What part of Cali you in? I'm interested in the part out.

instagram: @oliepyle

·
Registered
64 Posts
F. I would be gutted too if my R got hit.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Sorry for your loss and your back - but I'm curious, did the WHIPS thing in the seat work as intended?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Damn you didn't even have it long, I remember your original post about the serpentine belt shredding cause that happened to my Audi. Hope you heal up and glad to hear you survived the accident. What part of Cali you in? I'm interested in the part out.

Yea it really is a shame, but she did her job really well. I'm in SoCal, San Bernardino specifically.

Most of the drivetrain is already spoken for, mainly the engine which I'm going to have swapped into my 850R. I'll post more about what's available once the time comes.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Get the VR and swap your own goodies, buy one with a blown motor for sub $2k and you then have trusted running gear and bolt ons from the recently departed S.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Yea it really is a shame, but she did her job really well. I'm in SoCal, San Bernardino specifically.

Most of the drivetrain is already spoken for, mainly the engine which I'm going to have swapped into my 850R. I'll post more about what's available once the time comes.
Right on, good luck with the swap. I'm in San Diego and head up to Palmdale to visit my dad often. Would like to take that DO88 intercooler off your hands if it goes up for sale.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I will be interested with the engine hood if it the same for P2 wagon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry for loss; interested in seats if parting out

Sorry to see that a big Caddy did your R in. That's a bummer, and glad to hear that you or yours were not seriously hurt.
If you do part out, and you have Nordkap seats, I'm very interested. They may work for a V70R I"m buying next week that has rough front seats.
Peace

1 - 20 of 20 Posts