SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Another new XC90 owner (Onyx Black Inscription)

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  larrydeatl 
#1 ·
Been lurking on this message board since June 2015 when I first test drove a demo unit. Finally pulled the trigger last week on an in stock Inscription in Onyx black with charcoal interior. Convenience, Vision, Climate, and Protection packages. My favorite feature is ACC for sure.

Love the car so far, only issue has been that my key fob battery died yesterday. Luckily I read the manual the day prior so I knew how to use the built in key! (I'm thinking I must have had it in my pocket weird and a button was held down for a while?)

Waiting to see some people get Invisihitch installed before I decide how I'll be carrying my bike around. Was hoping to use my trailer hitch rack from my 4Runner but might go to a normal back door rack if it's a huge hassle to put a hitch on.

Located in Dallas/Fort Worth area, have only seen 2 others on the road since June.

#3 ·
I'm in DFW also, and just bought a Osmium Gray/Amber Momentum Plus at Park Place.
Pricing in DFW, ranges from $500-$1600 off of MSRP. Dealers are playing hardball here.
My experience at Volvo of Dallas was like a time warp, high pressure, stalling, bringing
the manager back to meet you...couldn't get out of there fast enough.

#9 ·
I just picked up my Magic Blue Inscription, Blond w/ Charcoal carpet (Vision Package, protection package plus) at Park Place in Dallas. Great experience there. They gave me $500 of MSRP plus they installed the homelink mirror and Apple Carplay in the deal. I actually flew in from the Kansas and drove the car back 7 hours. I did not try the other dealers because Park Place had the exact car i was wanting. I would have been happy with Momentum Plus (Vision and Convenience) but i really wanted the ventilated seats. Since they were able to add homelink to the Inscription it made it the perfect car for me and i am really glad i have Inscription. I likely would have gone with Momentum Plus w/ a charcoal interior if it was five years ago when i was still carpooling 3 kids.

Anyway...very happy with the car so far. My sales guy at Park Place was great to work with and has even exchanged a couple texts to answer a some user error questions. Park Place presented but did not pressure for add on packages which we opted out of.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.