SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Gang,
I am proud to announce that I have bought another R. SOOOO, I am back as an R owner. its my 3rd Volvo, and my second R. This is a total cream puff. I bought it from another swedespeed member, but price and the seller will remain anonymous, unless they choose to speak up. But I thank you sir!

Check out this car! 2004 S60R, 6-speed. Its a time capsule, with just 27k miles. Seems to have been garaged and pampered its whole life. Needs a few minor things, but this baby runs and drives like new.

For now, ill just drive it as is. But I am thinking about several things. I have a full Atacama interior. May swap. May new exhaust. I need a blue tooth solution too - so it will either get an adaptor, or maybe an app radio swap. I am still in awe. Drove it home from Chicago area back to Boston this weekend!!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Wow. Congrats. Mega congrats. Looks like you got the one I was looking for in this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am very happy!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup - its a 6-speed too!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
question- its 11 years old. But only has 27k miles. Timing belt looks great. Change it? Or hold off.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Calling the dealer tomorrow to get the fuel pressure sensor recall done. Ill get a price on the T-belt too. Ive got a 15% off coupon, so might make sense to just get it done. And yes- piece of mind. I guess it makes sense. Gotta take care of this baby! Looks like Ill need to do a brake fluid flush and possibly an alarm module. So silly that they hid it so deep under the fender, when its got a rechargeable battery in it!!!

·
Super Moderator
8,734 Posts
Calling the dealer tomorrow to get the fuel pressure sensor recall done. Ill get a price on the T-belt too. Ive got a 15% off coupon, so might make sense to just get it done. And yes- piece of mind. I guess it makes sense. Gotta take care of this baby! Looks like Ill need to do a brake fluid flush and possibly an alarm module. So silly that they hid it so deep under the fender, when its got a rechargeable battery in it!!!
Looks like a great buy!

I would say definitely do the TB service. My 04 had ~50k miles when I bought it and I'm glad I did the timing belt. You could see grit building up in tensioner and it wasn't running as smoothly as the new one. While it might survive without, it's just not worth the risk.

Also, not sure if you DIY, but the alarm module is VERY easy. The hardest part is getting the tamper proof bolt out, but a rotary tool will make short work of that. Just cut a slot into it and use a screwdriver to remove.

Congrats again on the caR!

·
Registered
938 Posts
Nice grab! I pretty sure I know who sold you this amazing find. Congrats!

·
Registered
602 Posts
YES do the timing belt. I have a 2004 V70R stick with 50k and I just did my belt. If you don't and it breaks its a disaster. CONGRATS on your car!!!!

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Nice to have another local R! Definitely do the timing belt and there is an easier way of doing the alarm module which means you don't have to mess with the security bolt at all if you prefer not to. Just remove the bumper and headlight and you can undo the bolts and slide the module itself out without having to undo the bracket.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looks like a great buy!

I would say definitely do the TB service. My 04 had ~50k miles when I bought it and I'm glad I did the timing belt. You could see grit building up in tensioner and it wasn't running as smoothly as the new one. While it might survive without, it's just not worth the risk.

Also, not sure if you DIY, but the alarm module is VERY easy. The hardest part is getting the tamper proof bolt out, but a rotary tool will make short work of that. Just cut a slot into it and use a screwdriver to remove.

Congrats again on the caR!
I read the instructions on the alarm fix. Looks simple enough. So yea, I will do it. I haven't seen anyone mount the new battery remotely. I may try, if I can fix my existing horn.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Whats the black spot on the hood?

That picture was taken somewhere in Ohio, while driving home. I think that was just some road splatter. No scratches on the hood!!! :p

1 - 20 of 33 Posts