SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Grom worked fine for about a year. Then the Bluetooth quit, but aux in still works fine. Tried updating the Grom via their site, same behavior. All I get is a funky, random, string of numbers that is not always the same as the device name when I try to Bluetooth connect to it. That's if the string of numbers even appears as an option. I can't seem to hear any 'boops' as I try to do resets etc as suggested on their site.

I've got an 04 S60 R with an 803 head unit.

Anyone got an idea or suggestions? The text chat conversation help I had on GROMs site seemed stumped.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
That looks like your MAC address of the GROM. So this changes all the time? What other devices are listed? Do you also have a Bluetooth ODBII installed in the car along with the GROM? Try removing all devices in the list, remove the ODBII if installed and restarting the phone and see if you can see the GROM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Answering questions, thanks for your response!

Yea, 'address' seems to change every time I turn ign on, If it appears at all.

Random saved stuff from around house is all that's listed, and the new version of the GROM address, whatever it may be.

OBD scanner lives in toolbox, not plugged in.

Behaves the same in the parking lot of say work, things on the list way out of range, not connected.

Phone restarted plenty often.

I'd rather not buy another GROM or warranty or whatever. Time for a new headunit with bluetooth etc I guess?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts