SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think we all have to agree the Granit interior is kind of bland. I've replaced the door panels with new Volvo OEM panels with the leather inserts. New lower dash board. New driver and passenger OEM leather seat covers. New Granit leather OEM steering wheel, and new front carpets. The trim in the car is black, as I'm not a big fan of the "wood" trim options. But over all its a boring trim package. So I've thought about some changes, and would like some opinions.

First, replace medium gray upper dash pad with a Charcoal pad.

Second, replace granit center armrest cover with Charcoal armrest cover.

Third, replace granit carpets with charcoal carpets. (my floor mats are OEM Volvo black rubber, already.)

Forth, replace granit leather steering wheel with charcoal leather steering wheel.

And finally replace the black interior trim (glove box insert, radio surround trim and center console trim) with Volvo OEM carbon fiber option.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
331 Posts
First, replace medium gray upper dash pad with a Charcoal pad.
It's a matter of personal taste. I think it would look good and many European cars from the '80s and '90s came with black upper dashes with interior colored lower dashes. However, not everyone will agree.

Second, replace granit center armrest cover with Charcoal armrest cover.
If you're going to go with a charcoal upper dash, a matching center armrest makes sense. The darker material should show less dirt as well.

Third, replace granit carpets with charcoal carpets. (my floor mats are OEM Volvo black rubber, already.)
I don't see a problem with this, but it's a lot of work and expense for not a huge gain.

Forth, replace granit leather steering wheel with charcoal leather steering wheel.
My wife's car has a charcoal leather steering wheel with the "wood grain" inserts. Looks fine to me.

And finally replace the black interior trim (glove box insert, radio surround trim and center console trim) with Volvo OEM carbon fiber option.
My wife's car has the "wood" trim so I don't really see a point in changing hers. A friend of mine has a '98 wagon with the blackish interior trim and it does look a bit bland. I'm not a big fan of carbon fiber, but if it works for you...

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
You won't find the OEM carbon fiber. Volvo no longer has any of these interior parts available new. Maybe you'll get lucky and find a set from a someone on here. I have a Black Walnut New In Box trim kit but even in Sweden couldn't find any carbon fiber ones.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Big Will. I was wondering about that as I had not asked the Volvo parts guy about the availability of the carbon fiber trim parts. VIVA sells their own carbon fiber parts, but they are $175 for the glove box, $325 for the radio stack, and $275 for the center console. $775 is a bit expensive for aftermarket pieces.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts