SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, its been about 3 weeks now since I've gotten a FMIC. I honestly didn't expect the improvements I'm getting, especially since it's Ohio and we haven't seen anything topside of 65 degrees for the last few weeks. Here's my assessment:

Stock IC: It has its uses;

Scott from Victory Performance Equipment installed this big thing. (excuse crappy picture, you get the idea, its aluminum, air goes through it):

Scott was really awesome about the install, which is a PITA on the 04-05 automatics, but still pretty reasonable. I'm not sure why people can't get the centering down on the car, but Scott has some pretty neat hardware.

Here's what happened after the install:

There's an amazing change in throttle response. The change in resistance/pressure drop is something you notice right away. Everything is just much crisper, and the engine doesn't seem to get into any lean spots where its hesitating, stumbling, etc. My throttle body had some junk on it, but not much. I haven't dyno'ed to determine how much difference there is power wise, stock or tuned, the butt dyno said there was definitely an improvement. How much?

I actually forgot that I took the car down to the stock tune before the install, just to be on the safe side. Afterwards, I switched back over to stage II, and it was very, very good.

I also had that hesitation/slowdown around 3500 rpm under WOT. Thats gone. I know some people have credited coils and plugs and such, but how this system backs off the throttle body from the intake must help a lot.

The chemical eng part of my brain says it works, you don't put a high speed control valve on right before a bend, you'll get lots of feedback.

Finally, mileage is a little better. Probably 1-3 mpg on the highway, but way higher on state routes (45-55 mph).

Otherwise, theres no added vibration, rattles, or anything else, and I'm pretty excited about driving in the summer.

Oh yeah, and Scott's car is scary fast.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Ooooo, I need to get one of those. Looks good :thumbs up:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts