SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, got into an accident with the R last Friday. What a way to end a Friday afternoon.
Hit a Camry too! :( (Well, it was a Solara).

edit... added
Going around a bend on the highway (Pulaski Skyway 1&9) and with the posted speed limit being 45, at least, there was another car in front of her with their hazards on doing like ~5mph and I didn't see her brake lights. So, after going around this little bend, there they were with her and no brake lights. And with my a-ged reaction, BAM!
I told the cops this and they had her test her brake lights and it was not working. (after the accident)

The front bumper is damaged and the hood went up. One of the headlights will need to be replaced and there are no leaks. Here's an iphone pic.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
That sucks! Sorry to hear! Hope it all gets taken care of. Maybe talk your body shop into installing some goodies :D

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
E-codes!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
+1 how? I would love to!

The insurance company is coming today to check on the car. Can't recall the last time I was in an accident, if ever, so I'm not fully familiar with the process. Any recommended shops in this part of NJ

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Ours are better than Solara.
S60R: 60-0 115 ft.
Solara: 60-0 124 ft.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Toyota's brakes are average, your brain and reaction time was less so!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if your car is this bad, how bad was the other car?
Well, the thing is, the back of the Solara is high and from what I initially saw it was just surface marks. ...Of course that can change later on.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Toyota's brakes are average, your brain and reaction time was less so!
Going around a bend on the highway (Pulaski Skyway 1&9) and with the posted speed limit being 45, at least, there was another car in front of her with their hazards on doing like ~5mph and I didn't see her brake lights. So, after going around this little bend, there they were with her and no brake lights. And with my a-ged reaction, BAM!
I told the cops this and they had her test her brake lights and it was not working. (after the accident)

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Interesting
If true, you're vindicated (with the cops, your insurance) and with my apologies

(Also this would have been easier if you mentioned this in your first post)!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Too bad - if there is a good Volvo recycler in NJ, replacement hood and front fenders can be 'donated' from any P2 V70/S60. The bumper/headlights are a bit more problematic but, on the bright side, it's an excellent opportunity to upgrade to Euro lights and IPD's monster intercooler!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Too bad - if there is a good Volvo recycler in NJ, replacement hood and front fenders can be 'donated' from any P2 V70/S60. The bumper/headlights are a bit more problematic but, on the bright side, it's an excellent opportunity to upgrade to Euro lights and IPD's monster intercooler!
Or a true FMIC. You can source the E-codes from George at viva

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Damn, the pulaski freakin sucks. That stretch of road is so narrow and there's no shoulder. Once some guy was changing his tire on the bridge in the middle of the fast lane at 11:30pm. Freakin insane! Glad your ok though!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Interesting
If true, you're vindicated (with the cops, your insurance) and with my apologies

(Also this would have been easier if you mentioned this in your first post)!
Are you suggesting that the OP is going to walk away blameless? Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but in NJ, you are "negligent" as a matter of law if you rear-end someone.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. I was recently in an accident in my mother's S80 and I was the one that was rear-ended, yet I got the ticket. Still in the process of fighting the ticket and finding out what insurance is going to say.

I'm just glad I'm safe and that it wasn't my R.

Also glad that you are safe and hope that you'll be able to get the R repaired. Looks like the airbags didn't deploy, either?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I thought this had been discussed on SS before. The R's use an aluminum hood. While the S60/V70 hoods will fit, I believe they are made of steel.

Have to 2nd the upgrade to Ecodes though, and a FMIC. Turn this lemon into some tasty lemonade!

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts