SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, hope you can help. There has been a very annoying noise that i think is related to the brakes. I tried searching the forum but could not find anything related exactly to this, except threads about unsual "dog barks" but i dont think thats what im hearing. I tried explaining to the dealer, but they were unable to reproduce, most likely because this only happens after driving for a while (they prob just took it around the block).<p>The problem is whenever i press my brakes and then release it i hear a high pitch squeaking sound that seems to be coming from the front of the car and then when i press the brake again it goes away. If i am cruising at low speeds i hear the noise as well and stops if i press my brake. <p>I had this problem even before i lowered the car and changed the wheels, so i dont think that has anything to do with it. <p>Hopefully you can help, so i can explain it better when or if i have to go back to the dealer. <p>Thanks

·
Registered
221 Posts
Re: Annoying noise after braking (S40TRBO)

i also hear this squeaking sound when i release the brakes also. i also have a v50 in the family and hear the squeak but it goes away after 15+ mph. on my s40 though, i still hear it untill normal road noise mutes it out

1 - 2 of 2 Posts