SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is mostly just venting but I was just told that my V60 T8 order with a confirmed factory pickup at the end of September has been mysteriously delayed because the production is now scheduled for October. We had already made all the travel arrangements with the original delivery date which was specified in the Volvo osd packet, and our dealer contact just notified us yesterday (30 days before we are leaving on the trip) of the delay.

It sounds like we will still be able to do the factory tour, and due to work related timing constraints we weren't planning to drive the car off the lot anyway (they would provide a rental vehicle if we had planned to), but it is still disappointing.

For reference, our timing so far has been:

May 2019: placed order with dealer

Beginning of June: received Volvo confirmation packet with late September delivery date, and booked travel with corptrav.

Essentially radio silence for several months.

Late August: dealer informs us that vehicle will not be ready for pickup on scheduled day.

·
Registered
13 Posts
...Don't tell me this. I have a delivery in October scheduled, but the dealer still doesn't have a confirmed VIN.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
...Don't tell me this. I have a delivery in October scheduled, but the dealer still doesn't have a confirmed VIN.
A VIN wouldn't be assigned to an order until the car is essentially ready to be manufactured, probably a couple of weeks before the first metal pieces are formed in the factory.

·
Registered
431 Posts
So sorry to hear this. You scared the sh...out of me with this post. I have October 11th date for v90 that I ordered in the beginning of April. Also no word on the vin as of yet. My whole month in Europe revolves around the car including clear bra appointment. Hope this is just one of a kind incident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts