SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Annoying Chime at and above 120 Km/h

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  osama_momen 
#1 ·
Cars coming to Middle East states are required to have a chime go off when reaching a speed of 120 KM/h which is the common speed limit. In some cars, this alarm will sound briefly and go away. My salesman tells me it was the case in their demo car until it receive the Nov update (get up to 125 and then back to 120 and it goes away). My car was PDIed late October and it has always chimed at 120 and above. When I took the car in for the November update I asked that this is rectified and they said they would but when I picked up the car and tested it the chime was still there. Now, the service department is telling my salesman that they won't be able to remove the chime until the April or May update (S90 release maybe?). The problem is that the chime is loud AND it mutes the expensive B&W! Which I think is ridiculous!! Besides I know this requirement is not applicable in the US or Europe.

Does anyone have any insight on how to have it removed? Maybe someone with Volvo background can advise me on how to explain my service department to remove the chime or have it go away after sometime.

PS neither my MX-5 or my Peugeot have this "safety" feature. So it's not unheard of for cars to be delivered with the chime removed.

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
You're likely going to have to email or contact Volvo Cars directly to get this addressed. Your dealership likely won't be any use or help with this matter. Make it clear this has been a problem from day one and you're rapidly getting fed up with it.

On a side note, what does " 20 inch wheels on air" mean

#5 ·
On my car [different brand] the warning chime was extremely loud and annoying. I took a look under the dash and found the tiny device that emitted the tone and wrapped some electricians tape around that sucker to mute the sound. Maybe you could take a look and find yours and either cut the wire that goes to it, or wrap it up like I did.

#6 ·
Thank you! I just posted it to the Volvo official forum. Hopefully I would get some good feed back

The chime seems to be "system" generated and not an external device. It would have to be programmed out. Cars in the US come with the chime, too? What was the car?

#8 ·
Is this not the same as the speed warning function that's part of the RSI system? I'm in the US and it's customizable. I have it set to chime when I'm 10 miles over the posted limit but can also turn it off.

Page 295 of the manual.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.