SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased an 06 electric blue s60r no problems when i test drove it. I got it home and went out for a bit when i would launch it in first the front tires would spin but the backs wouldn't, even happened in second once. From what i have read online the most frequent thing i read about is the angle gear. Car is under warranty just wondering if anyone else has had similar problem.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes sonic blue and you can but if only the front tires are spinning something is wrong with the awd i fear.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
You said under warranty so get that fixed ASAP. Could easily get up to $4000-$6000 depending on what's going on.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Likely the spline coupler. Most common failure.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I used to have an '04 VR and the angle gear failed at around 70k miles (only front tires would provide traction) - and was replaced under warranty. Volvo had since updated the parts for newer P2.

I now have an '07 VR and soon after I bought it (Dec '11) I noticed that the front tires would spin while the rear did nothing. Couldn't even get out of a parking space in winter. My first thought: NOT AGAIN! But turns out it's just the DEM and all it took was a reset (also under warranty). Easy fix.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts