SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any tips on how to remove the angle gear from the transmission?

I removed all 5 bolts and it seems to be well stuck on the transmission. Using pry bars, I got a couple mm separation from the angle gear to the transmission case, but that's about it so far.

Is it just a matter of keep prying, or did I miss something that's causing it not come off?

Thanks!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Not that I can think of?

The axle is already out I ASSume??

When I took the angle gear out of my 2000 V70 X/C it basically fell out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not that I can think of?

The axle is already out I ASSume??

When I took the angle gear out of my 2000 V70 X/C it basically fell out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, the axle is out. I don't know if there is something that is preventing the angle gear from coming out- I don't think the downpipe is hitting it, don't know what else would prevent it from coming out.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Yes, the axle is out. I don't know if there is something that is preventing the angle gear from coming out- I don't think the downpipe is hitting it, don't know what else would prevent it from coming out.
Make sure you removed the correct bolt under turbo area. You may have removed one that's for transmission mount instead of the angle gear bolt that's right in same area.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Make sure you removed the correct bolt under turbo area. You may have removed one that's for transmission mount instead of the angle gear bolt that's right in same area.
That's exactly what happened- I used my phone as a video camera and took a look- I unbolted the engine mount bolt instead of the angle gear. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts