SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is an angle gear failure catastrophic (as in car won't drive)?<br>Does it creat any sort of loud noises when it fails? (Well, does it just instantaneously fail, or does it slowly fail)<br>Will it be 'obvious' (outside of the loss of AWD) as you're driving?<p>Please post with your experience...

·
Registered
83 Posts
1. no, still have fwd<br>2.mine made a metal bang noise when it went, others could be different<br>3.it slowly wares away, but u wont feel that, it will just go one day, no warning<br>4.u will just have fwd, front wheels will spin on a damp road with ease<p><br>

·
Registered
326 Posts
Re: (daves60r)

I felt mine causing issues, and had it replaced before it went. Mine made a humming noise while driving which sounded remarkably like road noise from a cheap tire... I had recently put my cheap tomo's on, so I thought it was them until I drove the car on dirt and still heard the noise. It also would bring the car to a stop while coasting as if the breaks were being applied slightly. I think I am the exception, however. Most folks, it just happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts