SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I noticed I have a pancake sized oil spot under my car every day now and low and behold, the angle gear is leaking. I had it re-sealed once, and within a day it was leaking far worse than it was before, so I took it back to the dealer and they re-sealed it again. Looks like I'm off for another dealer trip.<p>Should I just demand a new angle gear? Has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: Angle gear leaking again, 3rd time (djkronik57)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>djkronik57</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><p>Should I just demand a new angle gear? </TD></TR></TABLE><p>No, demand someone <B>who knows what they're doing</B> work on it!

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Re: Angle gear leaking again, 3rd time (JRL)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>JRL</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><p>No, demand someone <B>who knows what they're doing</B> work on it!</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Wow. Mine has been re-sealed once and has not leaked a drop, that I have noticed, since. Crappy work perhaps? At least they are taking care of their mistakes...

·
Registered
21,340 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>JRL</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><p>No, demand someone <B>who knows what they're doing</B> work on it!</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Exactly. <p>Mine took two shots to seal correctly. It is a tricky procedure to get right.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>djkronik57</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So I noticed I have a pancake sized oil spot under my car every day now and low and behold, the angle gear is leaking. I had it re-sealed once, and within a day it was leaking far worse than it was before, so I took it back to the dealer and they re-sealed it again. Looks like I'm off for another dealer trip.<p>Should I just demand a new angle gear? Has this happened to anyone else?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>They can botch the job with a new one, just as easily as with the old one. Just need to take it to someone who is on their game.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Angle gear leaking again, 3rd time (rogersampson)

Hmm...alright, I guess I should demand that the foreman take a look at it. How much oil does this thing have in it anyway? I'm just worried it'll cause long term damage from low oil. Earliest appointment I could get was next Tuesday.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>JRL</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><p>No, demand someone <B>who knows what they're doing</B> work on it!</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Keystone did mine and it's leaking again, although I think from a different spot...

·
Registered
50 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>djkronik57</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So I noticed I have a pancake sized oil spot under my car every day now and low and behold, the angle gear is leaking. I had it re-sealed once, and within a day it was leaking far worse than it was before, so I took it back to the dealer and they re-sealed it again. Looks like I'm off for another dealer trip.<p>Should I just demand a new angle gear? Has this happened to anyone else?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>I'd demand a new part BEFORE your warranty expires. If you have problems after, it'll cost ya. It cost me $1500 for parts and labor. <p>Started getting low oil light again a few months later still... <p>If you start to type "ANGLE GEAR" on Google, interestingly the auto-fill in puts in VOLVO as one of the next words. Excellent, eh?<br>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts