SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 04 s60r and was told by the volvo dealership the angle gear needs to be resealed. I used to be a mechanic many moons ago, and I have never taken any of my car to another mechanic for anything other then a alignment or tires. So basically my question is do I want to perform the reseal myself on a couple of floor jacks or do I want to take it in for the first time ever. Bob penkins volvo quoted me 900 to 1100 depending on the condition of the sleeve. Does anybody have suggestions on other shops here in Colorado?

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Most of the local shops are pretty solid in terms of reputation, I don't know anyone in the springs myself.

My understanding is that it's not difficult to do for an experienced mechanic. I've done complete tranny swaps on jackstands so if you're ok climbing under the car and then back out to get another tool, then I say go for it. Make sure you have some of the really tall 6 ton jackstands so you can support the car high from the front bumper rails. That way the subframe can come out. Also you will need an engine support bar, $80 from harbor freight.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts