SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got Android auto working today, here is what I noticed:

1- took forever to setup
2- can not skip track or replay a track in youtube music from the wheel(I think they want you to subscribe, as it was not showing what I was playing from the phone on the sensus. However, It was showing it for pandora), had to go to phone to change track or replay which defeats the whole purpose. If I use the regular bluetooth volvo hookup I could skip track form steering wheel.
3- The only good thing I could see is Google maps.
4- phone usage is the same as the bluetooth connection

Overall, I am not impressed. I probably stick to the build in volvo bluetooth for both music and phone.

wish you could see YouTube app and other stuff, very limited.

·
Registered
68 Posts
What Android phone are you using? It only took me a few clicks for permission to set it up and works like a charm.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
My understanding is that the limitations are because it is difficult for Android Auto to guarantee the same minimal level of distraction when various phone features are enabled on the vehicle, as it has to work with all vehicles that support Android Auto, and the screens in the various vehicles could vary in size and resolution (even within the range specified by Android Auto). Concerns like that aside, it would probably be easy to just implement screen mirroring like what you can do if you connect your Android phone to an external monitor (either pure screen mirroring or desktop emulation like Samsung's Dex).

Along the same concept, you may be interested to look into an aftermarket option called ROIK (I think), which is an add-on controller box that can hijack the Sensus screen for full Android screen mirroring. Sensus still functions in the background, but you can toggle the Sensus screen to display what Sensus displays or what screen mirroring displays. Some members here have installed such an option.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts