SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was under the impression that updating CarPlay will also enable Android Auto but it looks I was wrong.
Anyone knows ETA for Android Auto availability? Will it actually need the CarPlay option or it just comes with one of the free updates?

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
I was under the impression that updating CarPlay will also enable Android Auto but it looks I was wrong.
Anyone knows ETA for Android Auto availability? Will it actually need the CarPlay option or it just comes with one of the free updates?
Looks like it will be available to be purchased some time late 2016. Still, there is no definitive date but it is being worked on. It will be independent of CarPlay. No sense buying two software downloads.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Looks like it will be available to be purchased some time late 2016. Still, there is no definitive date but it is being worked on. It will be independent of CarPlay. No sense buying two software downloads.
Ugh, I shed a tear on seeing it's now delayed to late 2016!! I was so hoping the Spring 2016 update would have it! At least they are working on it.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I have Apple and Android phones. Would you get Car Play now or wait for Android Auto?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Isn't Sensus based on Android? I'm surprised they need so much time to enable Android Auto after CarPlay :( I'll wait anyway, but I was expecting it to be available much earlier than EO2016.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have Apple and Android phones. Would you get Car Play now or wait for Android Auto?
I believe they will be sold as separate accessories. So you would have to pay twice if I understand it right.

Overall, I believe Android auto is slightly better if you look at some of the online reviews.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Yeah but you're waiting another year for it. If you're interested in using one of the phone based services and have an iPhone it seems like a no brainer to try out CarPlay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts