SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
561 - 568 of 568 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Just loaded 1.9.1 to my XC60 - no heated seat display and the low end of my Fahrenheit display is still messed up as detailed above

·
Registered
2016 Volvo XC60
65 Posts
Thanks for sharing appreciated too - I’ve just loaded up on my car & have not noticed any changes from MCU 1.9.0.
I guess reading Change log would provide the detail - oh wait they don’t include one 🥴😉.
Hi Loz
I received a message from Kremersino today regarding AC display as follows:

"hello, the software update the display the air-conditioning controls on the carplay screen for XC60 not ready yet. need to get the exact data first"

It looks like they will eventually add this function for your model XC60 vehicle once they get the required data.

Cheers Andy

·
Registered
Volvo XC60 D5 R-Design 2012 Polestar (Aftermarket CarPlay & Front Camera)
298 Posts
Hi Loz
I received a message from Kremersino today regarding AC display as follows:

"hello, the software update the display the air-conditioning controls on the carplay screen for XC60 not ready yet. need to get the exact data first"

It looks like they will eventually add this function for your model XC60 vehicle once they get the required data.

Cheers Andy
Hi Thanks Andy, yes Ever did indicate last week they need to find an xc60 (my car generation I’m assuming) to be able to test / diagnose. At the time they hadn’t located one yet so I’m assuming it could be some time. Not a big issue for me as I’ve always got AC on & almost always set same at 22C.

Reactions: andyaus33

·
Registered
162 Posts
Just chiming in here with my experience, loaded 1.9.1 on my 2012 XC70 (premium sound, no globe) and while I see the option for AC display, it does not display anything when changing climate settings. I tried disabling it, syncing, restarting, enabling it, syncing and restarting, but no luck.

Has anyone had luck getting the alternator whine to go away? That and the phone calls have become an annoyance that I would like to resolve. I'm exploring the Tasker/BlueTask setup mentioned earlier and will try setting that up this weekend.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Just chiming in here with my experience, loaded 1.9.1 on my 2012 XC70 (premium sound, no globe) and while I see the option for AC display, it does not display anything when changing climate settings. I tried disabling it, syncing, restarting, enabling it, syncing and restarting, but no luck.

Has anyone had luck getting the alternator whine to go away? That and the phone calls have become an annoyance that I would like to resolve. I'm exploring the Tasker/BlueTask setup mentioned earlier and will try setting that up this weekend.
Do you have anything plugged into the usb connector of the unit? phone or charger? i found that using the built in usb connector caused the volume of the whine to increase by quite a bit..

·
Registered
162 Posts
Do you have anything plugged into the usb connector of the unit? phone or charger? i found that using the built in usb connector caused the volume of the whine to increase by quite a bit..
I only have the factory pigtail with USB, RCA and some other plug, but I tried unplugging that from the unit and it made no difference. I'm going to try adding a ground to the box, I'll post results after I do that.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #567 ·
I'm going to try adding a ground to the box, I'll post results after I do that.
Please do, the ground whine is my biggest annoyance with the box. It has me keep debating getting rid of it entirely and hoping that the GROM Vline2 unit ends up a reliable option (currently it is still in beta testing, wish I was close enough to offer to test it out).

·
Registered
Volvo XC60 D5 R-Design 2012 Polestar (Aftermarket CarPlay & Front Camera)
298 Posts
I'm going to try adding a ground to the box, I'll post results after I do that.
I’m (barely) noticing whine on mine recently too - now that I’m aware of it it’s starting to annoy at times - hoping there is an easy fix - do let us know how you go please 🤞

561 - 568 of 568 Posts