SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
501 - 520 of 588 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you try this file here or did you get one from seller?
I think 2014 is Sensus with globe an need another file.
Tried the one posted above by Sumps.
My V40 is the non-globe version. Decided to give it a shot after you said it worked for your 2012.

I can see the software has been updated to v1.9.0 and redid the sync with the climate option ticked in the advanced settings menu. System continues to work fine but no climate popup.

Seatheating is not the problem. I also haveheated seats. I talked to the seller for popup when seatheating is turned on and they are working on it.
Good to know, thought the UI might be different so they hadn't supported it yet.

I messaged the seller on aliexpress, will see what they say.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
@Sumps, your MCU bin works just fine for me. The seller also just sent me the same file and instructions.

I see the HVAC controls in CarPlay... finally!

Here is my system version screen (for my 2012 S60).
Font Gadget Display device Screenshot Electronic device

·
Registered
127 Posts
spoke with the seller again, apparently the displays not working with V40 is a known issue, there was an S80 that did not work either.. other xc60’s worked however no confirmation what year they were.. i believe abcdef has a 2012 xc60 as well, so would be interesting if it works for him … they are checking further with the engineers.. i’m glad it works for some of you guys

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here is the new MCU version that is supposed to provide the overlay .. version 1.9
Put the .BIN file on the root folder of usb stick and plug it into the usb cable .. you should get a window that pops up asking if you if you want to find the MCU file and upgrade .. select YES and let it upgrade .. the system will reboot after about a minute and it will pop up the upgrade window again, this time choose cancel ... check the system version screen and verify that MCU is now updated to V1.9 ...
After updateing, go into factory settings and enter the advanced settings .. password is 8818 .. scroll down to the air conditioner display option (at the very bottom) and turn it on .. then select "sync" .. reboot the system..

This Should give you the overlay.. however it did NOT work for me on my 2012 XC60 ... manufacturer confirmed that it did work on another clients vehicle but talking to the engineers about perhaps a fix for mine .. so in other words, try this at your own risk! .. Everything else seems to still work properly at the V1.9 so at least I didn't brick my unit

volvo_v1.9.0.zip
It works on my 2013 S60! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
Volvo XC60 D5 R-Design 2012 Polestar (Aftermarket CarPlay & Front Camera)
308 Posts
Thanks for posting this - I’m just home from a road trip, tried the MCU 1.9 Sumps kindly posted - it’s installed fine but no joy seeing HVAC controls on my XC60 2012 D5 ☹. Did the necessary settings in CarPlay after installing.
I have a later version of ‘Software’ (vs this MCU update) but doubt that’s the issue. I’ll reach out to my supplier contact & revert when I gain further info.
Gadget Font Technology Display device Screenshot

·
Registered
2016 Volvo XC60
67 Posts
Thanks for posting this - I’m just home from a road trip, tried the MCU 1.9 Sumps kindly posted - it’s installed fine but no joy seeing HVAC controls on my XC60 2012 D5 ☹. Did the necessary settings in CarPlay after installing.
I have a later version of ‘Software’ (vs this MCU update) but doubt that’s the issue. I’ll reach out to my supplier contact & revert when I gain further info.
View attachment 158849
Hi Loz
I am running the same software as you and works fine on my 2016.5 XC60.
Display only pops up for a few seconds when you adjust fan speed, temperature etc.
Cheers Andy

·
Registered
2014 V40 D4
31 Posts
Tried the one posted above by Sumps.
My V40 is the non-globe version. Decided to give it a shot after you said it worked for your 2012.

I can see the software has been updated to v1.9.0 and redid the sync with the climate option ticked in the advanced settings menu. System continues to work fine but no climate popup.
Same experience in my 2014 V40 (non globe) - system continues to work fine, but no climate control popup when changing the temp, fan speed, recirc or turning auto on/off. Tried every climate related button on the dash but nothing caused the popup to appear. Sounds like it's a bit hit or miss across different models, fingers crossed the next update gets it working for everyone!

·
Registered
127 Posts
View attachment 158849
Just to save you some time if you decide to try, i did back down my software to the same version p.rico is at and still no joy…

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hi Loz
I am running the same software as you and works fine on my 2016.5 XC60.
Display only pops up for a few seconds when you adjust fan speed, temperature etc.
Cheers Andy
Thanks Andy, understood definitely no pop up on mine ‘except’ when I tried it whilst parked & car in reverse ie when CarPlay switched to show the (OEM) reverse camera view - which when I now think about it, is probably how it does & should work regardless of CarPlay being installed. I’ll check this. Did you get occasional blank screen (with now your front camera installed) sorted with this or previous mcu version? - I’m still getting occasional blank screen, though not yet on latest 1.9.0 though only just installed.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Just to save you some time if you decide to try, i did back down my software to the same version p.rico is at and still no joy…
Thanks Sumps - I was contemplating trying that - appreciate heads up. Humm wonder what the difference/s are between working & not, hope they find it soon 🤞

·
Registered
2016 Volvo XC60
67 Posts
Thanks Andy, understood definitely no pop up on mine ‘except’ when I tried it whilst parked & car in reverse ie when CarPlay switched to show the (OEM) reverse camera view - which when I now think about it, is probably how it does & should work regardless of CarPlay being installed. I’ll check this. Did you get occasional blank screen (with now your front camera installed) sorted with this or previous mcu version? - I’m still getting occasional blank screen, though not yet on latest 1.9.0 though only just installed.
Thanks Loz
I recently purchased a new unit from Kremersino as I was very limited with MCU updates working with front camera installed (lots of black screens) with the old 3rd generation unit (wasn't able to go past MCU 1.3.3). New unit seems to be working well, no black screens to date and currently on MCU 1.9.0.
Hopefully they can issue an update for the AC controls not displaying on some vehicles.
Cheers Andy

·
Registered
308 Posts
Brief update - I received software (both MCU and System) from supplier - I asked for latest of both. Installed - & tested extensively - not working for my car like others I’ve reported back to supplier inc my car details & will advise when I gain any insite.
For info, the ‘system’ software (I’d call it the user interface software) is very slightly different (I noticed a wording change at least) but shows the same version number as the version I’d had for some months. Just mentioning this as I found that a little worrying that different (System at least) software may me out there showing same version number.

·
Registered
2016 Volvo XC60
67 Posts
Brief update - I received software (both MCU and System) from supplier - I asked for latest of both. Installed - & tested extensively - not working for my car like others I’ve reported back to supplier inc my car details & will advise when I gain any insite.
For info, the ‘system’ software (I’d call it the user interface software) is very slightly different (I noticed a wording change at least) but shows the same version number as the version I’d had for some months. Just mentioning this as I found that a little worrying that different (System at least) software may me out there showing same version number.
Hi Loz
This is the system software from the new unit I purchased three weeks ago - does it differ from what you have been sent?
Font Machine Flat panel display Gadget Personal luxury car

·
Registered
308 Posts
501 - 520 of 588 Posts