SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 V60 T8 Polestar
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else get the update and have the charge port at the gas filler now haha? Not a major deal, just silly ... But question; in this version, how do I force the air cleaning, or do I need to "switch back to previous design" in order to regain the function?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi @BalogUK the air quality feature hasn't yet come to the new mobile app version, unfortunately. To force it, you will need to switch to the previous design. Regarding that charging port issue, I would shoot the VIN over to @WhoaVolvo because it sounds like a UI issue that should be addressed.

·
VOC / Connectivity Expert
698 Posts
Anyone else get the update and have the charge port at the gas filler now haha? Not a major deal, just silly ... But question; in this version, how do I force the air cleaning, or do I need to "switch back to previous design" in order to regain the function?
View attachment 130385
Can you un-install and re-install the app and let me know if it updates?

·
Registered
109 Posts
If by "air cleaning" you're referring to Parking Climate, (which as I understand, runs the fan in a gas car to exchange the interior air with fresh outside air) that feature does in fact exist. Hit the fan icon, select a time (sometimes mine doesn't ask me for this, but works nonetheless) then when it asks if you'd like to remote start, say 'no', (at which point it will tell you that proper conditioning won't happen in the allotted time) and I believe preconditioning will commence. I'm assuming most of this, as I have a T8, which uses Parking Climate only when plugged in, and runs the AC compressor to accomplish cooling, and uses Remote Start to do the exact same thing, but without the car plugged in. It doesn't actually start the car unless high-voltage battery charge is insufficient to accomplish preconditioning.

·
Registered
2021 V60 T8 Polestar
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
If by "air cleaning" you're referring to Parking Climate, (which as I understand, runs the fan in a gas car to exchange the interior air with fresh outside air) that feature does in fact exist. Hit the fan icon, select a time (sometimes mine doesn't ask me for this, but works nonetheless) then when it asks if you'd like to remote start, say 'no', (at which point it will tell you that proper conditioning won't happen in the allotted time) and I believe preconditioning will commence. I'm assuming most of this, as I have a T8, which uses Parking Climate only when plugged in, and runs the AC compressor to accomplish cooling, and uses Remote Start to do the exact same thing, but without the car plugged in. It doesn't actually start the car unless high-voltage battery charge is insufficient to accomplish preconditioning.
Not sure if all T8's have the HEPA filter- mine does, so on the app (when you switch it to "old version" settings), you have parking climate but also the option to activate air cleaning... See snapshot. This feature is awesome for after a gym workout and sweaty, or running to grab fast food for the kids... Get home and activate air cleaning and boom, no odors.! But I. The refreshed standard view of 5.2.# you can't force an air cleaning, just pre climatizing.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I switched back to the old version; but now it does not give me an option to go back to the new one under the settings. Am I missing something? Thanks

·
Registered
2021 V60 T8 Polestar
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I switched back to the old version; but now it does not give me an option to go back to the new one under the settings. Am I missing something? Thanks
To go back to the "new" version, you need to go into your settings>apps and "clear data" on the app. You'll have to log back in. Be sure to hit the proper region appropriate to your locale.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts