SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Ah, OK. Yeah, probably the old compressor reference to the BCS, which is no longer there.

Is the CBV hose connected to anything? (The one just to the left of the disconnected hose)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #102 (Edited)
I just installed a new passenger axle (both boots were torn). I still don’t have driver axle installed. I tried to move the car and it won’t drive forward or reverse. I still haven’t gotten the driver axle replaced, but and trying to understand why my car won’t move with just passenger axle installed. Any thoughts?

Current state is not inspiring...

·
Registered
15,384 Posts
it's an open diff?

·
Registered
16,103 Posts
Wouldn’t an open diff spin both axles at the same speed?
No that would be exactly the opposite. No differential.

Can’t drive the car without an axle on both sides the power will just go out the unloaded side of the diff spinning in the air

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
No that would be exactly the opposite. No differential.

Can’t drive the car without an axle on both sides the power will just go out the unloaded side of the diff spinning in the air
Makes sense. Off to tool store tomorrow for a slide hammer with locking plier attachment. I can’t find Jared’s fathers 40 year old pry bar so I’m going to plan C.

·
Registered
15,384 Posts
Makes sense. Off to tool store tomorrow for a slide hammer with locking plier attachment. I can’t find Jared’s fathers 40 year old pry bar so I’m going to plan C.
Lol that thing is probably closer to 140 years old. Tons of tools from my great-grandfather floating around the shop and we have no idea where any of that stuff came from.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
If it's going under the turbo it's probably the compressor reference line.

Does this car have a TCV at all right now? Lol. I would rip it all out and start over.
Funny you should mention this. No, the car doesn’t have a TCV module/connector. One is now on order

101 - 109 of 109 Posts