SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
I also contemplated doing paint work on my red R myself...it just makes sense to learn to do it, but the ceramic coating is a serious plus to having a pro do it. I am super excited to see how yours turns out. Post photos soon!

Also...I just got a wang for my whip as well. If you wouldn't mind sharing how much having it painted is setting you back, it would be greatly appreciated. But totally understandable if not!
I got an itemized estimate for a number of things and I was pleasantly surprised when it came to the spoiler, just $190.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Photos!

Please excuse the missing center cap, it doesn’t like to stay in that wheel so I took it out before dropping the car off.

It is still far from perfect but I’m happy where is it’s at now. Down the road I’ll take it further towards perfection but this is so much better.

I’ll try to take some dslr photos (maybe film too) in the next few days, these are still cell phone specials.

·
Registered
15,384 Posts
Shiny!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
I'm sorry...but is that a DeLorean?! Woah, this is heavy.
I should have known the DMC would steal the show... there was a merci in shop when I dropped it off too

·
Registered
50 Posts
So when your ABS light is on, your tracs light is not always on at the same time, correct?
I’m having same issue with my 96 850, where the abs light is on, but the tracs light is not. Just wondering if this is still indicative of a faulty module. I’m getting ready to just remove the module to check the part number, then send it in to Matt at Midwest abs to resolder.

The abs light is intermittently coming on and off and I have seen the tracs light come on at least once but I haven’t felt any discernible problems.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
So when your ABS light is on, your tracs light is not always on at the same time, correct?
I’m having same issue with my 96 850, where the abs light is on, but the tracs light is not. Just wondering if this is still indicative of a faulty module. I’m getting ready to just remove the module to check the part number, then send it in to Matt at Midwest abs to resolder.
Correct, they did not always come on at the same time. Mostly they would, but sometimes not. It actually has slowed to almost a complete stop but I wanted to get it taken care of for piece of mind.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks man, your car is so clean! Did you get the interior detailed as well?

Correct, they did not always come on at the same time. Mostly they would, but sometimes not. It actually has slowed to almost a complete stop but I wanted to get it taken care of for piece of mind.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Thanks man, your car is so clean! Did you get the interior detailed as well?
No I just had the exterior done, but now the interior is just totally out of place... I’ll have to do that too.

My Great Pyrenees is in the car all the time so I’m constantly battling with with dog hair which is a pain.

·
Registered
15,454 Posts
I'm sorry - someone is focused on the Delorean when I think I see a Meyers Manx?
I should have known the DMC would steal the show... there was a merci in shop when I dropped it off too

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
I'm sorry - someone is focused on the Delorean when I think I see a Meyers Manx?
Good eye, yes he has one of those too lol. Very nice shop I would highly recommend:

Prestigeandelite.com

·
Registered
131 Posts
Bonus shot with the black wagon

Oh man I miss the black 850R. How is she treating you so far? Now I have a BMW E90 335ix twin turbo and loving it.

Your new red 850R looks amazing!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Hey Neil, I am glad to hear you have a new ride enjoy, I have always liked those. The black car is doing great. I de-winterized it early in March and have been driving at least 4 days a week since. Running like a top, just crossed 80K and still scheming performance mods soon to come (hopefully).

81 - 95 of 95 Posts