SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I only really know the southern NE JY scene, but if you wanna come down this way I can point you to some good stuff. Or if you wanna come get in on a JY adventure at some point maybe we could set that up too.
An adventure seems in order, I’ll work on a list and maybe we can figure something out this spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
What do you guys like for a tint? I really just want to keep the car cool in the summer. I’m not fixated on the aesthetics and I have never had it done before.

I got an exterior detail as a Christmas gift and I think I’ll have them tint the windows while it’s there.

In NH I can have the rear side windows and the hatch glass tinted to 35% but I don’t have a sense for how dark that is.

·
Registered
16,252 Posts
What do you guys like for a tint? I really just want to keep the car cool in the summer. I’m not fixated on the aesthetics and I have never had it done before.

I got an exterior detail as a Christmas gift and I think I’ll have them tint the windows while it’s there.

In NH I can have the rear side windows and the hatch glass tinted to 35% but I don’t have a sense for how dark that is.

50% is probably dark enough if all you want to do is cut down on the heat.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I did an oil change the other day and noticed some seepage on the drivers side.

I was in a hurry so I didn’t get to do much investigating but I cleaned it off and will take a closer look when I get chance. I haven’t been getting drips on the driveway so it must be very slow.

Otherwise, things are looking fine. The drivers side CV boot has the tiniest amount of grease escaping so I’ll be watching that and maybe picking up some used axles if they come up.

·
Registered
16,252 Posts
Probably the trans cooler lines

·
Registered
16,252 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Thanks I’ll look into the trans cooler lines, hopefully it’s simple if that’s what’s up.

Odd problem with with my door locks- the remote stopped working so I replaced the batteries and now I get an audible click like normal but the doors won’t lock. If I lock the door with the key, which takes some jangling around, then the doors will unlock fine with the remote. Has anyone dealt with something like this?

·
Registered
16,252 Posts
try reinitializing the remote to the car

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
I drove down to the cape to pick up roof rails, a wing, and replacement cupholders from a fellow SS member today. I am looking forward to getting those installed and having the wing painted over the next week or so.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
I can't ignore my broken 'R' emblem any longer, especially now that I am focusing on getting the exterior squared away.

Where can I find the correct emblem? It looks like its either on backorder or is not available from all the usual suspects.

Also, I just ordered a rebuild ABS module from Midwest, the one I have is pretty now is pretty temperamental.

·
Registered
16,030 Posts
That’s weird. I’d have thought it an easy thing to find. I just spent 30 minutes...
I can't ignore my broken 'R' emblem any longer, especially now that I am focusing on getting the exterior squared away.

Where can I find the correct emblem? It looks like its either on backorder or is not available from all the usual suspects.

Also, I just ordered a rebuild ABS module from Midwest, the one I have is pretty now is pretty temperamental.

·
Registered
16,252 Posts
I can probably get you one next time I import a batch of toys from Europe

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
I can probably get you one next time I import a batch of toys from Europe
I hope I can scrounge one up soon but let me know.

speaking of ebay, is $140 ridiculous for a set of fog lights? I was expecting less for a crusty pair but idk if they are really hard to come by.

·
Registered
16,252 Posts
I can probably get those too lol

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
I dropped the car off over the weekend to have a paint correction + ceramic coating done, I am super excited to see the results. Some door dings and chips I’ll take care of down the road but I think this will give me a nice fresh start.

I have been having a bear of a time keeping the car clean and the hood and roof have gone pink. I was contemplating doing it myself like many of you have done but I figured it’d be worth it to have a pro step in since I suck at working with paint and don’t have good place to do it.

Updated photos to come!

Ps- I made an appointment to have the wang painted, it’ll be ready in late April.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I dropped the car off over the weekend to have a paint correction + ceramic coating done, I am super excited to see the results. Some door dings and chips I’ll take care of down the road but I think this will give me a nice fresh start.

I have been having a bear of a time keeping the car clean and the hood and roof have gone pink. I was contemplating doing it myself like many of you have done but I figured it’d be worth it to have a pro step in since I suck at working with paint and don’t have good place to do it.

Updated photos to come!

Ps- I made an appointment to have the wang painted, it’ll be ready in late April.

I also contemplated doing paint work on my red R myself...it just makes sense to learn to do it, but the ceramic coating is a serious plus to having a pro do it. I am super excited to see how yours turns out. Post photos soon!

Also...I just got a wang for my whip as well. If you wouldn't mind sharing how much having it painted is setting you back, it would be greatly appreciated. But totally understandable if not!

61 - 80 of 101 Posts