SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As if North America Truck/Utility of the Year wasn’t enough, last night the XC90 was presented with 3 more awards:

1) Cars.com Best of 2016 Award
2) 2016 CNET Vehicle of the Year
3) Good Housekeeping Best New Luxury Crossover

Links to all 3 press releases:
1) https://www.media.volvocars.com/us/...all-new-volvo-xc90-named-carscom-best-of-2016
2) https://www.media.volvocars.com/us/...med-2016-roadshow-by-cnet-vehicle-of-the-year
3) https://www.media.volvocars.com/us/...est-new-luxury-crossover-by-good-housekeeping

Also, in case you missed it, last week, the XC90 was awarded the inaugural 2016 KBB Best Auto Tech Award
https://www.media.volvocars.com/us/...st-auto-tech-award-winner-by-kelley-blue-book

Here is a link to the list of all the awards the XC90 has earned, thus far; 52 awards (links provided):

https://www.media.volvocars.com/global/en-gb/models/all-new-xc90/2016/awards

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Well now your just rubbing their noses in it.....:D

Kudos to Volvo :thumbup:

·
Registered
192 Posts
There is already a thread with reviews. This is not a Volvo advertising forum is it? I think it proper to disclose that you are also an Volvo employee? Is that correct? What role do you have at Volvo? You are also the moderator? Sorry, but this smacks of conflict of interest unless ofcourse sweedspede is owned by Volvo?

Nothing against good reviews but I think this post is a little too transparently defensive in light of the recent negative posts. We don't need to have post-equality in this forum...Its a discussion forum, not a marketing vehicle.

As if North America Truck/Utility of the Year wasn’t enough, last night the XC90 was presented with 3 more awards:

1) Cars.com Best of 2016 Award
2) 2016 CNET Vehicle of the Year
3) Good Housekeeping Best New Luxury Crossover

Links to all 3 press releases:
1) https://www.media.volvocars.com/us/...all-new-volvo-xc90-named-carscom-best-of-2016
2) https://www.media.volvocars.com/us/...med-2016-roadshow-by-cnet-vehicle-of-the-year
3) https://www.media.volvocars.com/us/...est-new-luxury-crossover-by-good-housekeeping

Also, in case you missed it, last week, the XC90 was awarded the inaugural 2016 KBB Best Auto Tech Award
https://www.media.volvocars.com/us/...st-auto-tech-award-winner-by-kelley-blue-book

Here is a link to the list of all the awards the XC90 has earned, thus far; 52 awards (links provided):

https://www.media.volvocars.com/global/en-gb/models/all-new-xc90/2016/awards

·
Registered
218 Posts
There is already a thread with reviews. This is not a Volvo advertising forum is it? I think it proper to disclose that you are also an Volvo employee? Is that correct? What role do you have at Volvo? You are also the moderator? Sorry, but this smacks of conflict of interest unless ofcourse sweedspede is owned by Volvo?

Nothing against good reviews but I think this post is a little too transparently defensive in light of the recent negative posts. We don't need to have post-equality in this forum...Its a discussion forum, not a marketing vehicle.
It's not an advertising forum, not is it exclusively a gripe forum. I've had my fair share of gripes, but I also like to see threads like this posted. Just because some people have had bad experiences doesn't mean we can't post objective third party reviews that highlight good news.

I wouldn't have known about these awards otherwise so thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Love seeing the good as well as the not so good......thanks for sharing!!!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Thanks Grecian for sharing - I think Volvo earned these awards (kudos) and I enjoy finding out about them here ...

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
It is definitely impressive the amount of awards it continues to to lock up. What is equally impressive or puzzling to me is the amount of companies giving out awards on subjects they have no business giving awards on. Good Housekeeping is giving out awards on vehicles?!? That would be like reading Car and Driver to learn about Landscaping or reading the Economist to learn about Skydiving. Not to take anything away from Volvo, because they definitely earned them, but let's call these awards what they really are, a search for more Ad dollars.

·
Registered
2021 XC60 Inscription Denim Blue, T5, Prancing Moose, AWD, Climate,
1,843 Posts
It is definitely impressive the amount of awards it continues to to lock up. What is equally impressive or puzzling to me is the amount of companies giving out awards on subjects they have no business giving awards on. Good Housekeeping is giving out awards on vehicles?!? That would be like reading Car and Driver to learn about Landscaping or reading the Economist to learn about Skydiving. Not to take anything away from Volvo, because they definitely earned them, but let's call these awards what they really are, a search for more Ad dollars.
Fact!

I was kind of shocked on Business Insider handing out an award. And comparing the XC90 to a Lamborghini Huracan, BMW 7 series, Audi S4, Tesla Model X and a McLaren track car. :facepalm:

·
Registered
2,036 Posts

You can't be serious...... you want every post a Volvo employee makes to have a disclaimer?!? Please......Grecian is one of the few that actually is so enthusiastic about his company he answers questions, revolves conflicts, and provides accurate information that we get NOWHERE else. I'm a Volvo "fanboy", and even I haven't heard about all of the awards listed here. I don't think there is any "conflict of interest" to post the awards a company that was apparently "left for dead" according to some has earned. You, and everyone else, should be abundantly grateful Grecian even bothers to return here after all of the grief some of you give him. There are COUNTLESS posters here who have had problems completely resolved only because he took the time...half way across the country, working after hours from home to promote the product he loves. Some of you should take your obsessive negativity elsewhere...pronto. No one wants to stand up to some of the "bullies" on this sight. Disgraceful.

·
Registered
2021 XC60 Inscription Denim Blue, T5, Prancing Moose, AWD, Climate,
1,843 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have watched the Automobile Industry which includes Journalists, proclaim, time after time, that a certain new car is the 'greatest thing since sliced bread', but when the actual production vehicles hit the market, problem after problem surfaces.
I have never purchased a vehicle in it's first year of production, yet.
A recent example is the C7 Corvette, proclaimed the greatest sports car ever, it's turned into a mechanical nightmare for many.
When a journalistic magazine dings the car, you know something is really wrong as these publications recieve all sorts of trips and benefits and if they recieve cash, it wouldn't surprise me.
Consumer Reports realiabilty statistics reports lower reliability of the first year of many Volvo's as well as other cars.
I discount any and all of these accolades and wait for real world information to be known.-Richad

·
Registered
3,683 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Amazing. I've never seen so many awards pile up for a vehicle so fast. I ordered the car in July and took delivery about 2 weeks ago. I have to say (so far) it is the best car I've owned. I say that after owning too many Audis to count and a 3 different BMW.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Amazing. I've never seen so many awards pile up for a vehicle so fast. I ordered the car in July and took delivery about 2 weeks ago. I have to say (so far) it is the best car I've owned. I say that after owning too many Audis to count and a 3 different BMW.
Nice....thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Agree with the previous posts. GrecianVolvo is a cool guy who has provided info which VCNA would not disclose. Love the passion he displays about the car. I also love the car but do not like the service VCNA provides. Leave him alone.

GrecianVolvo: Keep posting man!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Agree with the previous posts. GrecianVolvo is a cool guy who has provided info which VCNA would not disclose. Love the passion he displays about the car. I also love the car but do not like the service VCNA provides. Leave him alone.

GrecianVolvo: Keep posting man!
:thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
....GrecianVolvo is a cool guy who has provided info which VCNA would not disclose...
Ummm, you do understand that he works for VCNA and this would get him fired. He does provide good information, but is smart enough not to provide information that VCNA would not disclose. The hyperbole on this site is pretty funny some days.

·
Registered
16,049 Posts

to be fair to Andy - if Andy hasn't been on this forum as long as many of us, it would be fair for him to be suspicious of content written by a Volvo employee. Most of us have known Grecian for many moons, so we have developed a level of trust with his posts. Generally I agree with Andy's sentiment, but I also trust Grecian based on the thousands of interactions he has had with folks on this forum (which many of us have witnessed).

But Andy is a bit of a newbie, so we should cut him some slack on this issue, I think

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.