SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1998 S70 with a factory radio (cassette & CD). I have noticed on the back of the radio a DIN output for an amplifier. Is their an adaptor DIN cable for use with an aftermarket amp or a wirring diagram to make one?<BR>Thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
you would b better off running your speaker wires direct to the amp, depending on what imput capabilties your amp has. it would be quicker in the long run. i thought that the din plug at the back was for a stacker, but mind due i havt had a close look at one! good luck.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I once recieved a complete list of what everything is on the back. Yes indeed it does have an output for an amplifier, it is offered through volvo. I dont believe it would be a great amplifier, and it is very expensive in comparison. I have been trying to figure out a way to use that output for a few years now, but I am unable to figure that plug out. Wish I could help you with it. I have the headunit going into a Line output converter, keep stock look, but it doesnt sound that great. It has a lot of hiss, I dont like that. I think I could fix that by going from the preout on the headunit. I was told that the preout it has, using that Din plug, isnt a good output on any stock headunit. They told me it wont be a big improvement, and that it uses a special impedence and voltage for there purpose, no very compatable with aftermarket amps. Its possible its balanced too reject noise, I know that is a system that needs to be converted because of the impedence and all. all I got.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Go to <A HREF="http://www.kalmar-union.com" TARGET=_blank>www.kalmar-union.com</A> and send an e-mail to Don detailing your query.<P>He forwarded me onto a bloke who was able to provide extensive knowledge regarding the audio system, as well as each function of the individual pins inside the din plug.<P>Could be a long shot, but may help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts