SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63,541 Posts
Are you looking to buy one or do you have a car that you want to find out about?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hei

I have a car with a high performance sound system and I want to know which amplifier do I have.

Also want to know how can I tell the difference between those two because I wanna start upgrading my car into preminum sound and if I have a 200W amplifier I have to change it to 300W and it would be nice to know how that thing looks like what I am going to look for.

Martin

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 200W have a blue sticker and the 300W have a yellow sticker..

Regards,

Magnus308
Hei

Thank you for information!

Then I have a 200W amplifier. Do you know is it possible to change 200W amp to 300W amp - just plug and play?

Regards,
Martin

·
Registered
63,541 Posts
Yes

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK!

But do I need to change the front and rear door speakers? My question is that are the premium sound speakers more powerful than high performance or the difference is only that premium has one ektra speaker in fornt doors.

Regards
Martin

·
Registered
65 Posts
The Premium speakers are better than the high perfomance speakers.
You must check which door interior you have on your front doors first, If you have the doorside for regular 6,5" speakers then you cant install the Premium frontdoor speakers since they are angled.

This is how the angled speaker cover looks like

And this is the normal doorside

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok thaks for information.

I know that if I want to use premium OEM speakers then I need a new door pannels and that is a bit complicated.

My question is that will this make my high performance system to sound better if I install a 300W amp and some aftermarket speakers?

Regards
Martin

·
Registered
63,541 Posts
Gees
I'm pretty sure it's the same door panels, I've never heard of different door panels but aftermarket speakes are much cheaper anyway, just have someone knowledgeable install them.

Yes... it should sound better

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ok thaks for information.

I know that if I want to use premium OEM speakers then I need a new door pannels and that is a bit complicated.

My question is that will this make my high performance system to sound better if I install a 300W amp and some aftermarket speakers?

Regards
Martin
If you can find the premium doorpanels cheap together with the Premium speakers its maybe a good idea to use them, Otherwise i recommend aftermarket speakers.
I have rebuilt the complete soundsystem in my S60 -05, I had the performance system from the beginning which is crap.

I changed all door speakers to DLS 6,5" speakers and also installed the 300W amplifier together with one large amplifier in the trunk and 2 x 10" elements.
The head unit is still the HU650 unit but i added a GROM unit to play MP3 from a USB stick.
The doors are quite deep with the speaker adapters added so you will not get any problems with large speaker magnets.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think after market speakers will be better. I have 2012 S60 and is pretty disappointed with the premium sound.
12 speakers? My old car has only 4 speakers and sounded a lot better.

I wonder if it is speaker issue or amplifier... Any suggestions?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you can find the premium doorpanels cheap together with the Premium speakers its maybe a good idea to use them, Otherwise i recommend aftermarket speakers.
I have rebuilt the complete soundsystem in my S60 -05, I had the performance system from the beginning which is crap.

I changed all door speakers to DLS 6,5" speakers and also installed the 300W amplifier together with one large amplifier in the trunk and 2 x 10" elements.
The head unit is still the HU650 unit but i added a GROM unit to play MP3 from a USB stick.
The doors are quite deep with the speaker adapters added so you will not get any problems with large speaker magnets.
Can you tell one thing, as we know, premium sound has 3 speakers (tweeter, mid and woofer) and high performance 2 speakers (tweeter and woofer) on front door, so will the additional mid speaker (premium sound) have his own wiring or the wiring is the same and it drives both speakers?

·
Registered
63,541 Posts
I believe the wiring is the same

1 - 15 of 15 Posts