SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a sc-901 and amp for my 96 850 but my father decided to trade volvo's with me and I'm now the proud owner of a 96 850R so I've put the sc901 in the R with the factory amp that came in the R. The amp that came with the sc901 is the one that goes under the seat and the model number is 9496557 then under that is 10096 99W24. Is this the 100W amp?

Is the amp that came with the 901 more powerful than the oem R amp?

Images

Will the sc901 just not play burned cd's? I've cleaned the lens and tried buring a cd slower without any text or other info and it is still having a lot of trouble playing. A bought cd plays fine however.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
The factory amp that came in the 850R is a 4 x 50 watt amp made by Alpine just like the amp that came with the P80Rs which came with your SC-901 - the only difference is the location that it's meant to sit. Functionally they are the same. The re-design was due to the Dolby Surround Processor taking up the location of your 850R amp in the X70 cars equipped with the upgraded audio package with the center speaker etc.

The SC-901 is a fairly old unit although it's a good one. The problem with burned CDs is not about the speed at which they are burned rather that many burned CDs (or the program you are burning with) do not "finalize" the CDs. Store bought CDs are finalized so you can't add anything to them. The SC-901 will play any burned CD which has been finalized. If you can make your burn program do this so that you cannot later add content to the CD-R then it will play.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
63,541 Posts
As Will said, basically no.
This radio was designed in 1996-7, burned CDs were pretty new in car stereo back then

1 - 3 of 3 Posts