SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to hook up my MONOBLOCK JL 1400 watt amp and "just" run my 12" JBL sub? I don't know how? power, ground. no problem. where do I hook in the remote and RCA wires????? Or is there a cheap but slick looking aftermarket BESIDES the NEW bluepower. don't have that kind of CASH!

HELP!!!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: amp hook up to a hu-613???? NO RCA input (Turbos60)

where do you get a line out converter? the cost? where does it hook in at, in the rear of the stereo? is it where that 9 pin slot thing is? oh yeah and the rear speakers? what do you mean? the remote wire? and if so, to the positive wire on either side??? thanx in advance.

http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Re: amp hook up to a hu-613???? NO RCA input (fastenough)

I have my subs hooked up with a LineOut Converter. You can pick one up either on Crutchfield.com or BestBuy, or 6thAVE electronic stores. You need to tap off the two rear deck speakers with regular speaker wire and run it to the line out converter. Then hook up the RCAs to the line out converter and everything will work. Since you don't have the HU-803/850 surround sound system, you don't have to worry about locating a 12v power source.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts

JL makes something called the clean sweep which I think is a step down for adding an aftermarket amp. I'm not sure how it works but supposedly its the best on the market and you don't get any background crap (engine noise, buzzing, or whirring) like you do with other units. My suggestion, is if you don't really know what you're doing take it to an audio shop and let the pro's handle it. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: amp hook up to a hu-613???? NO RCA input (chillidawg)

thanx MUCH. so the remote wire that runs outta the amp isn't used? I thought it was? so should I tape over it? I have installed several systems...but! VOLVO is a different seed to grow.
only had mine a month and LOVE IT! busted my friend's 325i after he said "volvo's are family car SH*T!" at 130 his stopped pulling and i laughed as i pulled away! HAHAHAHA!

·
Registered
4,679 Posts

Quote, originally posted by fastenough »
thanx MUCH. so the remote wire that runs outta the amp isn't used? I thought it was? so should I tape over it? I have installed several systems...but! VOLVO is a different seed to grow.
only had mine a month and LOVE IT! busted my friend's 325i after he said "volvo's are family car SH*T!" at 130 his stopped pulling and i laughed as i pulled away! HAHAHAHA!

There's a remote wire on the LineOut converter run that to the amp. The speakers act as a power on for the amp; but the surround sound systems use an external amp for remote power.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: amp hook up to a hu-613???? NO RCA input (PureDrive07)

There's a remote wire on the LineOut converter run that to the amp. The speakers act as a power on for the amp; but the surround sound systems use an external amp for remote power.

thanx..... and aren't beamers SUPPOSED to be THE best lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.