SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any good quality photos of the ambient lighting for the inscription interior at night? I haven't really seen any good photos yet

anyone have a good description?

·
Registered
372 Posts
The ambient light is basically white/yellow light going around the door trims and the trim of the dash. The color mood light is in overhead console lights and consists of single LED which you can change the color of with 7 (i believe) different colors. It does add some color but not overbearing. However, the Volvo lighting is not as configurable as found in Jaguar, Audi, or Benz where you can change colors of many areas and have lots more color options. Just like the Swedes, they keep it simple.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I wish Volvo did something nicer like the new Q7 led ambient lighting. But maybe that is more distracting when driving at night?

·
Registered
258 Posts
The ambient lighting rocks. I noticed it heavily when switching to an X3 for a while, which was so dark. Lots of options on how bright it is, the accent, mood colors, etc. I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Pics?

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
True, hard to see on pics. But thanks anyways.

·
Registered
258 Posts
The difference ends up being basically completely dark or having an ambient light where you can see everything but not so bright it bothers other cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've taken some pictures at night of the Ambient lighting that might help. No assistive lighting here, so don't expect to see the most amAze-BaLLz pictures ever. They aren't terrible, and they definitely show you where the lighting is, and I think they give you a reasonable estimate of what it would look like in person. Notice the lighting on the Air Vent dials, too, and the lighting along the top edge of the glove compartment. Pretty fancy.

http://imgur.com/a/oOOVE

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Thanks a lot for the pics, now I have a better idea what it will look like :)

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Ambient lighting is very decent and luxurious - from the bottom, sides to ceiling...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for posting some photos, I guess I'll have to take some decent quality photos once I get my hands on my car.

·
Registered
183 Posts
So to clarify... the ambient lighting around the doors isn't intended to change color when you change the mood lighting? Our salesman said it did... didn't know if we had a wire crossed somewhere? Ours is just white.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I assume the ambient lighting stays on while you're driving? I saw a video at night and didn't see the lighting around doors, footwells, etc.

·
Registered
2021 Inscription Recharge - 2021 Silverado LTZ 6.2L
1,739 Posts
So to clarify... the ambient lighting around the doors isn't intended to change color when you change the mood lighting? Our salesman said it did... didn't know if we had a wire crossed somewhere? Ours is just white.
Only the overhead mood lighting changes colors. It is very subtle. The ambient lighting is awesome, such detail. The wells, led ropes under the metal door trim, door pockets, just outstanding. It is just one of the things that make the interior so luxurious. No pictures, but it is a must have now, really makes the interior cozy at night.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I assume the ambient lighting stays on while you're driving? I saw a video at night and didn't see the lighting around doors, footwells, etc.
Yes, it stays and it looks very decent and luxurious

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts