SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do V90s and V90ccs sold in Europe come with completely different rear taillights to accommodate amber rear turn signals?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Do V90s and V90ccs sold in Europe come with completely different rear taillights to accommodate amber rear turn signals?
yes they do but not sure if they are 100% LED.
I can get a set of preowned (from crashed car) for good price but afraid that I will not be able to program/code car.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A guy on one of the Facebook groups has helped me out. He was able to do it, no problem, just plug-n-play. Only thing he pointed out is that one of the mounts sits behind the rear bumper, so you need to drop the rear bumper to do the swap.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
yes they do but not sure if they are 100% LED.
I can get a set of preowned (from crashed car) for good price but afraid that I will not be able to program/code car.
Yep, should be LED. The non-LED is another dumb US reg related (size of light).

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yeap...I want to buy euro set but how code the car for new led turn signals

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Don’t get so excited just yet. I’ve gone to check in my car: it’s 100% plain old bulb in the turn signals. I’m certain it’s not an LED component

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
Don’t get so excited just yet. I’ve gone to check in my car: it’s 100% plain old bulb in the turn signals. I’m certain it’s not an LED component

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you in Europe?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi

I have a V90 CC in the UK, the rear turn signals, reversing lights and fog light are all standard bulbs, the rear lights and brake lights are LED.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Is there rear yellow turn signals on s90?

·
Registered
549 Posts
You don't need to recode/reprogram the car for the different taillight assembly.
I think his concern is that if he uses an amber LED bulb the car will throw a light error.

To solve this, either make sure you buy a LED with built in canbus or purchase a canbus adapter. Another way to avoid any issues is to just put the same type of bulb (incandescent or LED) that way the car won't notice anything different.

·
Registered
2019 S60 R Design, Fusion Red, Fully Loaded
502 Posts
Can anyone post a pic of the amber tail lights, would like to see what they actually look like in action. Thanks!

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Can anyone post a pic of the amber tail lights, would like to see what they actually look like in action. Thanks!
I have two pictures from the guy that shared his on Facebook, but annoyingly, without using tapatalk, I can't post them here.

·
Registered
849 Posts
any one know part number(s) for S90?

·
Registered
2019 S60 R Design, Fusion Red, Fully Loaded
502 Posts
Here you go:

Lights off:

Various stages of lighting up:

Hope this helps