SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Does anybody know the part numbers for the amber read indicators for a V60?

Thanks!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Anyone happen to find out what the part number was? I've been looking and can't seem to find it anywhere

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
31468192 and 31468193 are the non-US rear lamps. There's also different trunk lid lamps for US/non-US LHD/non-US RHD for what it's worth, but I'm not sure of the differences between them.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
31468192 and 31468193 are the non-US rear lamps. There's also different trunk lid lamps for US/non-US LHD/non-US RHD for what it's worth, but I'm not sure of the differences between them.
Thanks!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thank you! Just gotta find a site that sells them lol.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Anybody actually have any pictures of what these tail lamps look like? I can't find any pics around

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thank you sir! Now the hunt to see who sells them! I really like the amber over the all red led

·
Registered
14 Posts
The amber really does look better and would be safer. I wonder why Volvo even bothers changing them to red for the US market.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would rather swap to headlights without the amber reflectors. Thor's hammer looks much better without the added color for the US.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Has anyone managed to find a site that sells the amber tails (or euro style tails)?

·
Registered
656 Posts
The amber really does look better and would be safer. I wonder why Volvo even bothers changing them to red for the US market.
While it would seem it make more sense to use the same rear light assembly for all lhd markets, it seems that Volvo, like other manufacturers, have switched from amber turn signals to red because allegedly that is what the American consumer wants. Having lived in Europe, it never made sense to me why North American safety standards did not require rear amber turn signals.

The reason rear lights are different for left hand drive and right hand drive vehicles is the rear fog lamp, especially in countries where only one is permitted. They want to make sure that the light is on the side of the vehicle that would be closest to the driver’s side of the vehicle.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Any update to this thread? Can't seem to find part 31468192 online. Any websites selling these amber turn signals yet? When I do OSD can I just go to a Volvo dealer and order them? I doubt the FDC would help since it is not us spec equipment.

This will be my 4th Volvo but never had red turn signals. Must have amber...

·
Registered
911 Posts
Any update to this thread? Can't seem to find part 31468192 online. Any websites selling these amber turn signals yet? When I do OSD can I just go to a Volvo dealer and order them? I doubt the FDC would help since it is not us spec equipment.

This will be my 4th Volvo but never had red turn signals. Must have amber...
You can walk into any dealer while you're there and order whatever part you want. I've ordered and picked up parts at dealers while in Europe and it's no big deal. BUT...keep in mind that most European dealers are smaller affairs than their US counterparts and keep relatively few parts in stock, especially non-service parts like taillights. So if you are really considering buying them while you are there, you should locate a dealer near where you'll be and give them a call so they can try to order the part to have it in stock when you arrive.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Some will not order parts without a VIN for the car that would work in this region. Technically selling parts and have you transport them is illegal, same with modification of cars with parts not fit for the market. Some dot ask some don’t care all about who you run in to and what country. What I would recommend is making friends on this forum with someone locally with a car like yours and using his vin with permission to order parts and have them wait for you.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Some will not order parts without a VIN for the car that would work in this region. Technically selling parts and have you transport them is illegal, same with modification of cars with parts not fit for the market. Some dot ask some don’t care all about who you run in to and what country. What I would recommend is making friends on this forum with someone locally with a car like yours and using his vin with permission to order parts and have them wait for you.
Who told you it is illegal for them to sell you parts?!

Yes, sometimes they will ask for a VIN, but come in with one from the lot or grab one off eBay from within Europe.

I've been buying car parts from various European dealers, for various makes, for two decades now and have never been hassled or had an issue purchasing the part I'm after.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Who told you it is illegal for them to sell you parts?!

Yes, sometimes they will ask for a VIN, but come in with one from the lot or grab one off eBay from within Europe.

I've been buying car parts from various European dealers, for various makes, for two decades now and have never been hassled or had an issue purchasing the part I'm after.
I spend 20 years living in EU in different countries. There is a reason why those parts are not equipped on the car in other markets.

And as I stayed some just don’t care and want to make the money on pets sales that don’t chance the fact that those parts are not designed, labeled, or tested for any other market then then the market they are sold at.

Why do you think they ask you for a vin? This is so when anyone checks they are not liable and exactly what I recommend to the OP.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts