SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've convinced my sister to consider the 122 instead of a 60's era American muscle car and have found a local (to me) car that she plans to purchase and ship to Texas. However, to be confident in her purchase, she would at least like to drive one prior to. Is there anyone in the greater Houston area that wouldn't mind meeting with my sister, talking volvo pros and cons, and maybe a short spin in your car?

And, no, she is not single!

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
I've convinced my sister to consider the 122 instead of a 60's era American muscle car and have found a local (to me) car that she plans to purchase and ship to Texas. However, to be confident in her purchase, she would at least like to drive one prior to. Is there anyone in the greater Houston area that wouldn't mind meeting with my sister, talking volvo pros and cons, and maybe a short spin in your car?

And, no, she is not single!
Yes, indeed - George McDonald in Houston has a mint '67 122S P132 Amazon with 4-speed/AC and he should be more than happy to allow your sister to drive this fine restoration.

Below from an older thread..

...George McDonald in Houston can answer many of your questions. He does not do the www or email but loves to talk Volvo...

cell 713-5X3-47X8 X=0, 832-593-882X, X=1 home.
George Dill

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I am in the Austin area, and have a stock and ipd'd Amazons. The stock car is in reasonable condition for her to feel the quality and ride. But I am in Austin, 180 miles away.

If she lives in Houston, you need to find a car with overdrive. Houston is huge, and you need to merge in a freeway for almost anywhere you go.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, guys....I'll give Mr. McDonald a call and see if he is agreeable. I'll take you up on your offer, Dimitri, if need be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts