SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look at the mileage my T8 is getting!

OK, OK, I know the car’s computer calculates the gas in the tank vs. the miles on the odometer, and when you drive a lot of electric-only miles, as I do, this is the result. But it looks cool, no?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I’m getting over 40mpg as calculated by the cars various systems. 42.1mpg on my last fill up calculated by Fulley. The last time I got gas was on June 13th and I’ve gone 566 miles since then. I still have just under 1/4 tank left or roughly 100 miles range.

·
Registered
7,341 Posts
If I get another car for wife to let me use T8 for commute, 14 miles a day, I may be able to run on battery only, and reach 100mpg.

Fusion · Red · T8 · XC60

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Weak. Mine reads 98 mpg right now and I’m pissed it’s that low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha! I’ve only had mine 3 weeks and I’ve been far too liberal with power drive mode 😈 because it is so much damn fun!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yes, that power mode is my Achille’s heel. It’s useless to me on my daily runs to client sites because the distances are short and the speed limits low (most days more than half my trip is at 30 mph). But on the weekends - sometimes I need to make sure the supercharger is working...

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I've only put gas in my T8 twice since I've got it. I'm also not working for the next 16 weeks so my driving needs are drastically reduced. I do try to go out for a 10-20 mile PURE pleasure ride if the weather is good and enjoy some of my favorite songs on B&W. I almost decided to fill up on gas today. Then I saw TM was at 590.2 miles with 100 miles of range left and I've never done 600 miles on a tank of fuel in any vehicle, ever. I kinda want to fill up, because I'm sure I'll have much higher mpg on the next tank. I wonder if I can go 2+ months on the next tank of fuel.

#firstworldproblems

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've only put gas in my T8 twice since I've got it. I'm also not working for the next 16 weeks so my driving needs are drastically reduced. I do try to go out for a 10-20 mile PURE pleasure ride if the weather is good and enjoy some of my favorite songs on B&W. I almost decided to fill up on gas today. Then I saw TM was at 590.2 miles with 100 miles of range left and I've never done 600 miles on a tank of fuel in any vehicle, ever. I kinda want to fill up, because I'm sure I'll have much higher mpg on the next tank. I wonder if I can go 2+ months on the next tank of fuel.

#firstworldproblems
The tank I went 99.6 mpg on was over 1500 miles on one tank. Insanity.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I re-fueled today. 712 miles since my last fill up. 48 mpg, a 150% increase from my P3 XC60.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Done 500 miles since my last refuel and finally noticed a small gap on the gauge from a full tank. Avg for this tank currently at 196mpg.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
No but it was $27 k otd?

·
Registered
7,341 Posts
No but it was $27 k otd?

Those plain hybrid car (those with 1.5kwh battery) is good at gas saving but nothing else.
It is built light and small and not comfortable.
It saves gas like a motorcycle, and also is as weak as a motorcycle.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Those plain hybrid car (those with 1.5kwh battery) is good at gas saving but nothing else.
It is built light and small and not comfortable.
It saves gas like a motorcycle, and also is as weak as a motorcycle.
“My” bike has almost 140hp, rips 11.3sec quarter mile, has top speed of over 160mph. I mean... our Prius is clearly not “like a motorcycle”.

The point of the thread was the xc t8 gets great gas mileage. My response, as a fellow SPA truck owner, was simply the t8, regardless of any other performance/comfort benchmark, gets “ok” gas mileage (and even the pure electric mode isn’t that efficient).

Otherwise, carry on with the t8 circle jerk.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts