SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Amazing Roadtrip

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  VolvoPolestar 
#1 ·
Last week I had to do a semi-emergency visit to the South Jersey/Philly area to be with my mother while she went through surgery. I drove the S60R from Columbus to Jersey and back, plus back and forth from Jersey to Philly (where the hospital is located) for visits and put 1,300 miles on my R. That might not sound like much, but that is as much as I have put on it since I bought it in December of 2011.

I averaged 54 miles per hour and 27.5 MPG for the entire round trip. THe PA turnpike and Route 70 sure is fun at 90 MPH, much better than when I make the drive with the family in the Grand Cherokee.

I knew this was a great car but we really bonded last week. I wish I could drive it every day but I travel for work so it spends most of its life at the airpot in a parking garage.

#4 ·
put 1,300 miles on my R. That might not sound like much, .
Nope. it is not much at all. :)

I have done 1,300 miles in one continuous 20 hour stint a few times. (Me 1st 8 hours, wife 4 hours, me 8 hours). Also 1,000 miles and 16 hours straight.

The S60R is an awesome touring car. pleanty of trunk room. plenty of power to pass if needed. cruises effortlessly on the highway. The drivers and passengers seat keep you from getting tired.

#5 ·
Nope. it is not much at all. :)

The S60R is an awesome touring car. pleanty of trunk room. plenty of power to pass if needed. cruises effortlessly on the highway. The drivers and passengers seat keep you from getting tired.
+1

2400 miles in 48 hours (including a few naps) the weekend I bought my R in Seattle and drive it home to Indiana. More details in my story in my signature.

#6 ·
#8 ·
NO Gorgas or Manzos, I am from SOUTH Jersey originally. Farm lands and beautiful beaches. Not white trash and new money. I agree with everyone, great touring car, amazing drive and I felt safe too (especially pushing 100 MPH+ on the turnpike YIKES)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.