SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the IPD front grill intake and what a difference! I installed it along with the Eurosport Blue Air Filter. I tell you, I believe this setup makes the most difference in hot areas. I noticed my R performs best and has the best acceleration on days where it is cooler and drier outside, preferably under 70 degrees. I live near Dallas where in the summer can be in the high 90s or low 100s. This is when I have seen a large drop in performance. However, I installed the IPD front grille air intake and Eurosport filter recently and today I drove around when the temperature was 101 degrees.. The car accelerated well and the car performed like it does on a cool winter day. Very surprised at the noticeable difference. I would highly recommend anyone who lives in hot regions of the country do this.<p>I have read that there may be another air intake being designed for the other side. Does anyone know if this has been done and have they experienced even better results?<br>

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Re: Amazed by IPD front grille air intake (DavidD)

It's a great product isn't it. I have it as well and love it.<p><br><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>DavidD</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><br>I have read that there may be another air intake being designed for the other side. Does anyone know if this has been done and have they experienced even better results?<br></TD></TR></TABLE><p>R Kelly whom originally designed them, one for both sides. IPD didn't pursue the passenger side due to lack of interest. IIRC I would like to see the passenger side made as well.

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: Amazed by IPD front grille air intake (mad matt)

THe passenger side intake is largely superfluous. The original point of the CAI was to provide cooler air and eliminate the vacuum in the airbox, which the single intake does. <p>The second intake will provide more positive pressure, but the benefit of that is a bit more debatable.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Re: Amazed by IPD front grille air intake (Needsdecaf)

I have both, and am not sure I can tell the difference with two. It's one of those things though where, if you are going to do one you might as well do both. While IPD doesn't sell the passenger side, the parts (hose, clamp, fitting, and intake) are available through some racing websites. <p>

·
Registered
99 Posts
Re: Amazed by IPD front grille air intake (DavidD)

Last time I looked IPD was having a sale on many items. So this might be the time to jump. I recently installed Stage 2 + air intake box with cone filter (and also had 3" downpipe custom made, and EST exhaust) and couldn't be happier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts