SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
ebay has some. alternatively if you don't care about the volvo missing, you can get the originals from daveburton.com (he got a cease letter from Volvo for using the name)
I found his site but all the good ones got neutered since the Volvo letter, I take it.

Which is just a shame, because it says, "hey, we don't like people liking our brand without our approval." Really sad.

I got my step son and S60 awd, sapphire black. I found a pic on his site of the same car with yellow shields on the fender ahead of the front door seam. It looked so spoof-Ferrari, but so subtle, it was hilarious. I want to put them on his car.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I found his site but all the good ones got neutered since the Volvo letter, I take it.

Which is just a shame, because it says, "hey, we don't like people liking our brand without our approval." Really sad.

I got my step son and S60 awd, sapphire black. I found a pic on his site of the same car with yellow shields on the fender ahead of the front door seam. It looked so spoof-Ferrari, but so subtle, it was hilarious. I want to put them on his car.
eBay has the ones you're looking for.. just search for prancing moose.

·
Registered
15,909 Posts
Some of Dave's stickers were really distasteful. If I'm Volvo, I'd do the same thing. The way he handled it was even worse. Sucks for his more tasteful products though because he had some good stuff.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Some of Dave's stickers were really distasteful. If I'm Volvo, I'd do the same thing. The way he handled it was even worse. Sucks for his more tasteful products though because he had some good stuff.
The “distasteful” ones where the ones I wanted. Lol. I wager that a lot of his ideas came from customers demands over the years and he just left them available as conceptual. The whole Volvo on the stickers deal I see both sides. As a business owner you want to protect and fully control you trademarks. Because if you don’t, then at what point DO you draw the line. What he was doing is harmless whereas the next guy starts selling Volvo memorabilia, media, etc. and says why can’t I do it if he’s doing it. I would have ask them if there was an option for a licensing fee when they first contacted me. There are still plenty of options out there that still suffice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
876 Posts

I always found the stickers to be eyeroll worthy, just like the rice rockets.

Cars deserve to keep their dignity and look stock!

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I'm sorry. maybe I'm getting old but I hate it. It is more confusing and takes much longer to get to the places that I'm interested in. Oh now we have to pay for premium features!?!?

Reactions: SeabeckS and Steffe
61 - 66 of 66 Posts