SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so the old man just got a decent c70 vert with a stick (nice score for $4,000 if i do say so myself). while i'm more of a fan of the competition (hence my username *wink wink*) any Swedish car is ok in my book.

so here's the issue, the thing had some bad calipers in the back because the p.o. broke the spring clips on the front of the caliper and just drove it anyway (insert "send it" meme here), thus wearing the pads and rotors unevenly (and causing it to squeal like a pig). not only that but because the caliper was not staying straight during braking, the piston seal broke and the caliper started sticking. no big deal. I got some remaned calipered from autozone and replaced both rears (along with the bracket because my ocd would not let me put something dirty on shiny rotors and calipers), bled the brakes and everything went smooth, but for some reason the pedal is still a little mushy. i've bled the rears (in sets of 5 times each caliper)then test drove it 3 times already. the first 2 drives I definitely noticed a difference in pedal feel. the last time however, not so much. I've even bled the fronts once too too (because why not) but that was solid, no bubbles at all. that's the other thing, from the looks of it, the rear brakes are clear of air. could air travel up those lines and need a bit more bleeding to get out? can it travel to the front lines as well? should the car be running to do this (people have said that because abs). also can someone recommend a good computer based scan tool for this (and preferably saabs as well) something that i can talk to the electronics with and activate/deactivate things with

1 - 1 of 1 Posts