SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i got into yet another accident, this time through no fault of mine. my fender is all crushed in and the adjuster is calling tomorrow to set up an appointment. am i forever doomed or what?

the accident wasn't that bad apart from the damage. nobody was hurt and the police gave us both less severe tickets because we were both 16 and we complied with what they said, not to mention i was shaking so hard i could barely right. the only upside to this that i can see is that i can get some paintwork done and i get a new windshield. I will see if i can get some pictures up later but as it sits now in my driveway i cant bare to look at it
HE HURT MY BABY!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Re: Am I cursed? (Camyman)

accidents always suck. luckily no one was hurt, though.
I got rearended over winterbreak. The guy was driving an suv, so instead of hitting my bumber, he smashed in the drivers side talight and sheetmetal. I felt exactly the way you do, didn't even want to look at it. Its all fixed and better now, but a crappy thing to have happen.

Steve

·
Registered
467 Posts

Trust me, you are not cursed, no more so than others. Over the summer, having only owned my car for about 4 months, my car rolled back, pinning my drivers side door on another car while the car kept rolling (nice dent that is still on my drivers door which does not close all the way anymore) A month later, I got hit in a parking lot while pulling out of a parking spot, that knocked in my right front fender, which I pulled out, but the bumper is still no longer attached. Two months later, while driving in the rain, a guy slammed on his brakes, and needless to say, my 3500 pound steel car couldnt stop as fast as his plastic POS, so I rear-ended him. No damage to my car, but I leveled his bumper pretty good (I actually luaghed at the guy, who became more irrate). In between all that I got an HOV violation and got caught running a stop sign at about 25 mph, and also, after being pulled over for the stop sign, remembered I hadnt gotten my license and registration changed since I moved, so I got three fun tickets. Be glad no one was hurt, and just remember, we all love our cars, but they can be fixed. I still have yet to get enough $$ to fix my car, so for almost a year whenever I go to open my drivers door I am greeted by the huge dent made by my ignorance, and I get to see my dented front fender with hanging bumper. Life is fun.

PS Think your cursed, in my driving life, of only 6 years, I have managed to total two 240 wagons. Thats 5 accidents total in 6 years, plus ending the life of two of the strongest Volvo designed cars ever. I am either cursed, or just that talented.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Am I cursed? (MenardVolvo)

well..... i dont feel nearly as bad now.. sorry to hear about all that. anyway theres been some talk by my parents about totalling it... now this doesnt make any sense at all because the damage is cosmetic mostly, the car still runs fine, so if they total it i will throw a fit and demand that i fix it. Ill post pictures here in a few, theyre uploading ever so slow. I did use photoshop to make them look like a camera took them versus the tin can that we call our camera, but there wasnt any editing at all. i dont see how this could earn a total..... a little bondo and a new fender, then throw some paint on it, all is well and im back driving it.

anyway you all tell me... does this deserve a total? its a 1990 with 127k miles (its a baby still) my vote of course is no.

EDIT: heres the link. i hope this works..... http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Modified by Camyman at 5:59 PM 3-16-2006

·
Registered
467 Posts

see, to me, that is not something I would want to look at all the time, but that is far from totaling damage. The strut tower and wheel were not affected? Hope that did not throw off the alignment you just got done either. My vote of course is also no on totaling, as long as there was no mechanical damage to the wheel strut or anything.

Also, I wasnt trying to turn this whole cursed thing into a competition either, just using myself as an xample of bad luck

·
Registered
699 Posts
Re: Am I cursed? (MenardVolvo)

It's totalled. At least technically. Camyman check your email (the one in your profile is the one I sent it to).

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well.... i got the letter. It was totaled, but dont worry because i bought it back and called a junk yard thats "in the area" (its about an hour away) and they have the fender i need in the color i need, so im not as depressed anymore. i still need to either replace the door or fix this one later on so thats still on the list. i also need to reattach some trim and get a new windshield. theres nothing wrong except for the fender and the lining on the fender (got caught in the tire and tire ate it) in that area, so everything will be ok. i dont ever plan on selling this car (or if i do its going to be sold to someone i know so i can monitor it daily) so i'm not too picky about the title.

ill get some pictures up of me doing the fender replacement as soon as i do it.

thanks for all your support! it really is appreciated and helps alot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts