SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again everyone,

I am currently having a major dillema. The local Volvo dealership here has just recently taken in a Black on Tan 2005 S60 R 6spd manual.

For the last 2 years since I have owned my 2007 S60 2.5t awd, I have wanted a R. I could easily trade for the car I was just wondering what everyones opinions would be. here are the details.

2007 S60 2.5t AWD w/ Sport package.
70k KMs, excellent condition inside and out. (only mods are 17" pegs, and EST Cat back)

2005 S60R 120k KMs excellent condition inside and out. they are asking $14,500

My car is estimated @ around $16,000 - 18,000 Trade in.

I took it out for a test drive yesterday, which is where the real problem started its everything i want from my S60. It shifted smoothly, no weird sounds, when driving.

I would be daily driving this car. for the next 3-5 years (10-15k kms per year). Am I crazy? Is there anything i should be preparred for?

Link to my car:
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?174994-Hello-everyone!

thank you,
Craig

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
You have R fever.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I have to say I like your interior, but what exactly did the R offer you that your current didn't? Also the cost of repairs to R can be higher unless you do the work yourself.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
too many miles on the R
search for a lower-mileage one and you'll be happy.

OR, get an XC60 R-design and call it a day :)
Are you joking? that's only 43,000 miles.

·
Registered
919 Posts
See if the timing belt has been changed already. If so you don't have to worry about that for the reasonable life of the car. One thing you don't have to think about.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
I thought too many miles too, until I realized it was KM's, lol. That's not too bad. R's a fun car, just be prepared to pay (or wrench) to maintain it and it's all good.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Go for it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts