SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, as some of you know I pulled my engine management for some upgrades and for my annual "safety" inspection. It makes getting my sticker easier if there is nothing for them to see and no check engine light ;)

Aaaaanyway while I was at it I decided to just throw on the Porsche 70mm throttle body to see of there is any difference at stock boost without a reflash. Dont worry, its easy to swap out so I can dyno with the stock one too. Here are my impressions FWIW.

• As I suspected the engine is slightly more jumpy at part throttle (most people wont notice). This is due to the greater change in flow for a given change in throttle opening. To the layman the car will appear to have more power since less pedal movement causes a bigger change in HP at very low throttle <20%
  • Above about 60% the throttle is somewhat numbed. Its barely noticeable but it IS there.
  • 100% throttle does actually have an improvement in power. MNIWT is absolutely right. There is enough to feel a difference so there are a couple of horses to be had here on the stock manifold. However, please keep in mind I have substantial intake path mods including 3" IC pipe large FMIC, Huge CAI and some other intake tweaking.

Full disclosure: the OE throttle body had over 100K on it and was quite dirty but not enough to restrict flow. But it was nasty.

·
Registered
538 Posts
MNIWT is the truth.

·
Registered
297 Posts
In MNIWT we trust, I need to search that thing on eBay. I had one in my list but my coins are running low... But it's a definite need to do mod on my list!

Gesendet von meinem C6833 mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE:

Weeeeeeel crap. My Porsche throttle body went out. The ECU threw every code in the book at me LOL. I knew that thing looked too dirty for only 9800 miles. I really dont think there is any compatibility issue here but I wanted to post for others in case you picked up any of these fault codes.

Swapped back to the stock TB, cleared codes and now all is well.

P1167: null
P2135: Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch A/B Voltage Correlation
P0507: Idle Control System RPM Higher Than Expected
P0121: Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch A Circuit Range/Performance Problem
P0221: Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "B" Circuit Range/Performance Problem
P1526: Control module, internal fault.
P1124: null
P2135: Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch A/B Voltage Correlation
P0221: Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "B" Circuit Range/Performance Problem

End of report.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Mine at 118k looked like it had an oiled on **** layer on the outside of it, but the inside was squeaky clean. Cleaned it off and put it back in. G2G.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nahh, looks like the encoder is not feeding back to the ECU. I will take the actuator on the Porsche unit appart but I dont have high hopes.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think they may have. I will look into it tonight.

FWIW there is a discernable difference in top end power going back to the stock throttle body. The car clearly has less top end power with the stock throttle on the stock intake manifold even after a few drive cycles.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think they may have. I will look into it tonight.

FWIW there is a discernable difference in top end power going back to the stock throttle body. The car clearly has less top end power with the stock throttle on the stock intake manifold even after a few drive cycles.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey MNIWT. You were right. They are going to replace the throttle body free of charge. Nice!

·
Super Moderator
15,166 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts