SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost one of my '08 C30 keys; anyone know where I can get a duplicate made in Silicon Valley area (aside from a dealer, who I presume will charge exorbitantly)?

It's not the fancy smart key, just a big black clunky thing that has to be put in the ignition and turned to start the car.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
The keys are programmed. So you need a dealer or someone with a VIDA and a subscription. That costs money. So those costs would get passed along to you.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Word is, if you have VIDA and Dice, you can get a temporary subscription. Not sure if that'd do it for you, but it may be cheaper.

Otherwise, Tech is right, you've gotta pay for it. Maybe you can get a good deal on a blank, but the programming will still cost some scratch

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Word is, if you have VIDA and Dice, you can get a temporary subscription. Not sure if that'd do it for you, but it may be cheaper.

Otherwise, Tech is right, you've gotta pay for it. Maybe you can get a good deal on a blank, but the programming will still cost some scratch
Yeah, that would work. The subscription is around $75 plus the software is around $35. Plus VIDA and a DiCE (though you can use them for other things in the future).

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Bottom line is by the time you've bought the key and paid for the subscription and download you're probably not saving more than a few bucks on the dealer price

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
Also, you have to buy the key new in packaging, otherwise you won't have the serial number for programming.
Used keys are useless.

Depending on where you lost your key, potentially worth having the dealer clear your current key from programming as well, and get two new keys.

·
Registered
2007 S40 2.4i AW55-50 / 2007 C70 T5 AW55-50
498 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts