SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It is that time of year and I'm hoping for some advice... I always run winter wheels and tires and have to decide what to buy for my new volvo. I have a set of 17" sport editions with a 45 offset running 225/60R17 Arctic Altimax tires. I used these for one season an my subaru outback and was happy with them. Researching the wheel/tire setup I already have it seems the close load rating, higher profile and slightly narrower width over the OEM 235/50r18's --they should actually be pretty desirable as a winter tire for the Volvo. Difference in circumference is 1.4%. What are the common 17" wheel people are running with and does anyone see any issues with running with the setup I have on my v60?

Bonus question: The car is a lease and I wonder if the dealer would even mount what I have or redirect me to another 17" setup recommended by Volvo.

·
Registered
13,507 Posts
Your existing set-up would sound pretty good if the hub size and bolt pattern on your old wheels was similar to the Volvo though I sort of doubt the hub size is the same. You may need centering rings and then there is TPMS to consider. I would not worry about a 1.4% difference - that's not too bad, but that's just my opinion. You can probably check tirerack or your owners' manual for the set up most often used for these cars.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a set of 225/60/17 Nokians mounted on Koenig wheels I got from Discount Tire. They worked great on my 2010 XC70 (which had OEM 18s). And I believe the wheels will also fit my V60CC. At least that's what I'm hoping for!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts