SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was tailgated by a 4-runner yesterday (one generation below). That dang car felt like it was right to put his nose up the a$s of my car. Then I switched lane to let him go, and we got on a red-light with no intention to race or anything.

THen the light turned green. Just for the heck of it, I gunned it 1st gear, shifted at 5500RPM, then 2nd gear up to 5500RPM again.... the whole time he was next to me, only losing by 3-4 inches total.

Anyway, was a bit surprised. That's it. I do realize our cars are not dragsters, and the 4-runner has more torque. Just merely surprised.

Thanks. I felt good letting it out.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Re: (cicatrizdare)

Quote, originally posted by cicatrizdare »
heh, my friend tried a supercharged 4runner...he got annihilated.

man i'm not to sure how? here's a link on the TRD toyota 4 runner with the optional super charger. it does make 353hp and 359lbs of torque but the truck weighs in at 4450lbs. 0 to 60 is 7.60 and 1/4 mile at 16.01 @88.65mph

http://www.fourwheeler.com/roadtests/129_0409_4run/

·
Registered
239 Posts
official times really don't mean anything...

Sometimes, when people say they're "racing" they really don't drive the car to the best ability. I know I like to pick street fights, but i rarely have the pedal to the floor.

Maybe the guy got beat because he didn't push it all the way. Even though, I never under estimate a powerful SUV or truck. I got killed my my buddy's truck in my last car (a modded Eclipse GT)... they may be heavy, but thats what that extra power is for.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Re: Almost got beaten (djeremya)

Anyone seen the BMW Film(forgot the ttile) where Clive Owen and some wimpy look'n four eyed dude(I wear glasses on ocassion http://********************/smile/emthup.gif ) are being chased by two other guys in a Ford Econline POS, and they come to a stop, Clive throws the seven in reverse and backs into the vans headlights so they couldnt' see? I can't tell you how many times I wish I could do that, reality gets the best of me everytime. If people only knew...

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Almost got beaten (djeremya)

I was expecting 4-5 car lengths victory
.. turned out only 3-4 inches.

I started on a roll with the clutch fully up, then gunned it once I heard his tires chirped. Now I start to have a second look at them 4-runners

1 - 7 of 7 Posts